5A #6 Highlands at 3A #5 Lexington Catholic

zebraman

Who Wins?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This has been an issue since BW became the head coach. I am not sure what it is going to take for this to change. I would expect to see Huddleston used on offense in the game against CovCath in some way shape or form as a "new" wrinkle.
I am thinking the same. Coop and Buten are fine at backs but at TE in the seam WOW. Have him hold a block and release against a backer. I can armchair this call. A TE is a dangerous weapon. Hopefully someone wakes up on hudl.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking the same. Coop and Buten are fine at backs but at TE in the seam WOW. Have him hold a block and release against a backer. I can armchair this call. A TE is a dangerous weapon. Hopefully someone wakes up on hudl.

I absolutely love the idea of Huddy coming in at TE sometimes. It would be really easy to install 5 plays that get him the ball. Why they don’t do it? No idea. Maybe it’s all waiting for Cov Cath? That’s the only way I could understand it.

Hudi is very nice ball player but it’s not the end of HHS if he doesn’t get in the offenseive side of the ball. Does anyone realize Cooper averaged 8.5 yards a carry last week and Buten averaged 8.0 yards a carry. If all these smart people remember it was on offense he broke his collarbone last year.

Austin King and Ben Sisson have been doing a great job at tight end. Great hands and nice blockers. Come on let’s get real. If our defense keeps holding teams like they have let’s not rock the boat.

Hudi is very nice ball player but it’s not the end of HHS if he doesn’t get in the offenseive side of the ball. Does anyone realize Cooper averaged 8.5 yards a carry last week and Buten averaged 8.0 yards a carry. If all these smart people remember it was on offense he broke his collarbone last year.

Austin King and Ben Sisson have been doing a great job at tight end. Great hands and nice blockers. Come on let’s get real. If our defense keeps holding teams like they have let’s not rock the boat.

. I like King and Sisson but nobody out there is going to stretch the defense. King has great hands and will move the sticks but use the seam and drag across. A 6’6” running a five yard out is bad play calling plain and simple. Hudi is a threat to touch pay dirt. I am fine with coop and Buten; but there is no nick to stretch the field. I put 9 in the box press man and say Birds beat me deep! The word is getting out.

It’s working pretty good for Cov Cath using Mayer both ways.

He is a freak, he needs the ball more. Our only TD vs Scott Co (best team in the state) was Huddy taking it to the house. He is being wasted. Don’t rock the boat? Not rocking the boat is what has gotten us where we are. Is State still the goal?!? C’mon Man!

. I like King and Sisson but nobody out there is going to stretch the defense. King has great hands and will move the sticks but use the seam and drag across. A 6’6” running a five yard out is bad play calling plain and simple. Hudi is a threat to touch pay dirt. I am fine with coop and Buten; but there is no nick to stretch the field. I put 9 in the box press man and say Birds beat me deep! The word is getting out.

Wake up!!

Hudy is not going to beat you deep. But the likes of Ahdield and Vinson now they will. You started to see it last week when the receivers where open down field and scored. Crammer throwing nice balls and the receivers are catching them.

Dont get me wrong Hudi is a nice ball player but the birds will continue to move the ball and win with or without on offense.

He is a freak, he needs the ball more. Our only TD vs Scott Co (best team in the state) was Huddy taking it to the house. He is being wasted. Don’t rock the boat? Not rocking the boat is what has gotten us where we are. Is State still the goal?!? C’mon Man!

3-1 Pretty good start to the season.

Also let’s remember if we don’t drop a pass that SC game is a different game.

He is a freak, he needs the ball more. Our only TD vs Scott Co (best team in the state) was Huddy taking it to the house. He is being wasted. Don’t rock the boat? Not rocking the boat is what has gotten us where we are. Is State still the goale.

Edited by ABC2
Double post

Using a T.E. and another receiver w/ 8-10 yd. outs, plus other short stuff across the middle, is exactly how you suck the defensive secondary in. Combined with a physical ground game, which would allow for the deep balls to be thrown. Ahlfield & Roberts yes, the speed and ability is there.

I like Vinson and wish he was targeted more!! Ahlfield, Roberts, King having great years but all are tall, long but Veneman they are not. Cramer looked much better last game. I still would like two back set a counter or two and put Buten in a slot and run the jet. Let’s get rid of some of the vanilla and add some spice. The play book is bland. We all want the same thing 3-1 is great. The defense playing much better the JV and Frosh playing well all is moving in the right direction in Cake town. I am awake and I know judgement day is coming as the blue boys are a buzz!