Who can stop the Covington Catholic running clock streak?

Who stops the streak?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who stops the streak?

• Cooper
    • Beechwood
    • Highlands
    • Dixie Heights
    • Campbell County
    • None of the above

Trinity has ruined football in Jefferson County? I don't agree with your comment. If those other N. Ky. teams are winning against their other opponents, then all the running clock streak does is verify how good Covington Catholic is. It is not a knock against the other teams in N. Ky.

Trinity doesn’t put running clocks on everyone in Jefferson County.

I hear your point, but the fact that CCH is putting a running clock on everyone they play is an indictment on football in NKY. It certainly isn’t a positive.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're doing it to everyone they play I don't see how it's an indictment of NKY on a basis of 6-7 games. They nailed everyone through the playoffs. Just shows how extraordinary this team has been.

That's fair. But everybody they play includes NKY.

Trinity doesn’t put running clocks on everyone in Jefferson County.

I hear your point, but the fact that CCH is putting a running clock on everyone they play is an indictment on football in NKY. It certainly isn’t a positive.

Last year Trinity put a running clock on every Jefferson County team they played (all 6A schools by the way) except St. X and Male. Is that an indictment on football in Jefferson County?

Any new thoughts on this after another week of domination by the Colonels? The first team D has still not let a score against them and the offense is firing on all cylinders this early. I’m even asking about Playoffs? Boy do I wish CCH would have scheduled a big Louisville school or a GCL school this year. That way we can really see what they are made of.

Any new thoughts on this after another week of domination by the Colonels? The first team D has still not let a score against them and the offense is firing on all cylinders this early. I’m even asking about Playoffs? Boy do I wish CCH would have scheduled a big Louisville school or a GCL school this year. That way we can really see what they are made of.

I think Beechwood can play with them. Beechwood will be better in the trench’s. Not sure though if Beechwood can cover the big receivers.

I don’t think anyone stops this team, period. I’ve seen both Trinity and CCH and I am a firm believer that the best team in the entire State is Covington Catholic. This is a very very good team and if they have a weakness it certainly is not apparent and hidden very well.

I see no team stopping them and if this running clock streak is stopped it will be in the playoffs.

I think Beechwood can play with them. Beechwood will be better in the trench’s. Not sure though if Beechwood can cover the big receivers.

I’m not so sure Beechwood will be better in the trenches although CCH’s best lineman and future D1 player will be out for the game.

That being said I think Beechwood will end the running clock, as I have stated earlier.

I’m not so sure Beechwood will be better in the trenches although CCH’s best lineman and future D1 player will be out for the game.

That being said I think Beechwood will end the running clock, as I have stated earlier.

Beechwood has two D 1 lineman and three, three year starters. They have have dominated so far this year. I agree they will at least end the running clock deal and think it will be a pretty good game.

Beechwood has two D 1 lineman and three, three year starters. They have have dominated so far this year. I agree they will at least end the running clock deal and think it will be a pretty good game.

I know those kids well. CCH still has 5 O-Lineman that started at some point last year even without their best one, Lucas Jones. D-Line is smaller but insanely quick. Not trying to start an argument as to who wins in the trenches, just think it is about a wash. To take it a step further on BW...I not only think they can end the streak, but can also give CCH a competitive game.