Urban suspended 3 games

Bert

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm talking about everything, all inclusive. There's nothing they could have or should have done differently, in your opinion?

I’m the kinda guy who believes that there’s always a better way to do everything, but it’s really subjective. I am really impressed how they handled the investigation, it was 100% first class IMO.

From the actual report if people are interested:

"Neither Coach Meyer nor Athletic Director Smith violated any policy, rules, law or contractual obligation in connection with the alleged domestic abuse claims."

Also from the report “Although Coach Meyer and Athletic Director Smith failed to adhere to the requirements of their contracts”

Tough stance because it’s one of two things, Powell PD didn’t believe her story on the nine, 911 calls to their house or they were covering up.

Changing a police report three months after the fact certainly raises some questions.

More from Wolken...

After McMurphy dropped the text messages, Brian Voltolini and Urban "discussed at that time whether the media could get access to Coach Meyer’s phone, and specifically how to adjust the settings on Meyer’s phone so that text messages older than one year would be deleted."

And when Urban turned his phone over to the investigative team, it had no text messages that were older than one year. Holy crap.

“It is nonetheless concerning that his first reaction to a negative media piece exposing his knowledge of the 2015-16 law enforcement investigation was to worry about the media getting access to info and discussing how to delete messages older than one year."