Urban suspended 3 games

Bert

More from Wolken...

After McMurphy dropped the text messages, Brian Voltolini and Urban "discussed at that time whether the media could get access to Coach Meyer’s phone, and specifically how to adjust the settings on Meyer’s phone so that text messages older than one year would be deleted."

And when Urban turned his phone over to the investigative team, it had no text messages that were older than one year. Holy crap.

You can still get them from the carrier.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hate doesn’t equal objective, I reckon that.

False. I don’t hate OSU. I don’t even care about OSU. I root for FSU. OSU is of zero concern to me.

Don’t insult my intelligence though and call this a suspension. This is nothing. And we all know Urban knew everything about the situation and that this was a win at all costs scenario. They got busted and he tried to save face and his job. At least he saved his job though, right?

It appears some people don't think a 3 game suspension is enough? What should the penalty be?

Depends. We can only go by what they are telling us. We’ll never be able to prove what Urban knew and when he knew it. You’ll never be able to convince me that Urban didn’t know anything at all until a few weeks ago. There’s no way I’ll believe that. The question I have is what does OSU know and are they hiding/covering up their investigation to save Urban and Gene.

You’re a SME on this, if he was arrested back then and they later revised it, wouldn’t he have been booked? There would have to be a paper trail somewhere right?

Of course there should be an original record of everything that should never be changed for any reason, only added to.

False. I don’t hate OSU. I don’t even care about OSU. I root for FSU. OSU is of zero concern to me.

Don’t insult my intelligence though and call this a suspension. This is nothing. And we all know Urban knew everything about the situation and that this was a win at all costs scenario. They got busted and he tried to save face and his job. At least he saved his job though, right?

What do you call being told you have to miss 3 games then?

Was it his phone or an OSU phone? Twitter is good for conjecture, people can bring evidence to OSU if they have it.

If your contention is that OSU could have retrieved the deleted texts but didn’t then it goes against your belief about the investigation being thorough.

My guess, based off of their displeasure with how he deleted the texts that they had no legal recourse to retrieve them.