Urban suspended 3 games

Bert

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it appears your non biased ears are hearing the same thing my biased ears are hearing, which is Gene didn’t do his job but Urban lived up to his duties and is only guilty of not digging into it more.

Gene should be fired for sure. But according to the report, Urban didn’t follow procedures either.

I don’t know what does it mean, maybe less ambiguity?

I just wanted to point out that you said OSU would not suspend The Urb.

I sure did. I was wrong.

Ohio State still butchered this and looks worse than I thought they would. What now?

I don’t know what does it mean, maybe less ambiguity?

I just wanted to point out that you said OSU would not suspend The Urb.

I didn’t think they would punish him either when I thought he followed protocol like he said he did. I guess we found out he lied about that also.

Interesting perspective.

Didn't the report say that neither Urban nor Gene did what they were supposed to do?

My impression is that Gene was taking some of the heat off of Urban.

Who’s responsibily is it to report to compliance?

Was it ever gonna look “good” to those that hate OSU... but hey thanks for admitting you were wrong, props to you.

Admitting that both the AD and the coach did not fulfill their duties based on their contracts, and nobody loses their job would never look good, no...

Nobody here hates OSU, as much as you wish that were true...

I just think those procedures fall more on Gene than Urban?

Again, Mary Jo White said neither of them did what they should have done. She didn't place the blame solely on Gene. She also said it was poor judgment by both to use the "let's wait on the police report" line.

And on top of that while he may not be coaching practice or a game his coaches are by and large and extension of him. Plus I am sure he keeps regular contact with the coaches and team as well. He can’t coach them officially but he can talk to whoever he wants about whatever he wants. Hell, he is probably watching videotape of every practice and offering “input”.

Technically he hasn’t been allowed to have contact with the program in any way.

I didn’t think they would punish him either when I thought he followed protocol like he said he did. I guess we found out he lied about that also.

Mary Jo White the lead investigator said he did not deliberately lie. What they questioned him about was neither him or Gene Smith reported 2015 to compliance, essentially, they left it in the police departments hands, which in the end wasn’t enough. I tend to think that’s more on Gene Smith the AD, but Meyer could have as well. In the end they both pay for it.

Again, Mary Jo White said neither of them did what they should have done. She didn't place the blame solely on Gene. She also said it was poor judgment by both to use the "let's wait on the police report" line.

I get that Urban could have reported it to title 9 and should have, but ultimately that’s the responsibility of the AD. Considering the report found Gene actually told Urban about the incident I’m sure there was a communication breakdown at some point about reporting to compliance.