Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beechwood Challenge

Featured Replies

What a schedule Beechwood has put together. Look at the ranked teams Beechwood is playing:

 

8/17 ... 4A #1 Johnson Central (scrimmage)

8/24 ... 2A #8 Lloyd

8/31 ... 2A #9 Somerset

9/7 ... 3A #4 Corbin

9/14 ... 5A #1 Covington Catholic

9/28 ... 6A #8 Simon Kenton

10/26 ... 2A #6 Newport Catholic

 

Besides Trinity, does any team in the state play 7 top ten teams?

What a schedule Beechwood has put together. Look at the ranked teams Beechwood is playing:

 

8/17 ... 4A #1 Johnson Central (scrimmage)

8/24 ... 2A #8 Lloyd

8/31 ... 2A #9 Somerset

9/7 ... 3A #4 Corbin

9/14 ... 5A #1 Covington Catholic

9/28 ... 6A #8 Simon Kenton

10/26 ... 2A #6 Newport Catholic

 

Besides Trinity, does any team in the state play 7 top ten teams?

 

I agree Eye, that is a very tough schedule for a Class 1A team.

 

I hope the Tigers stay healthy.

Beechwood is Class 1A as defined by school size, but are certainly capable of competing at a higher level.

 

With that being an obvious statement, they have certainly put together for themselves a most challenging schedule.

I've lost track. I thought Beechwood was moving to 2A.

 

Regardless it's a very nice schedule and one they should play especially if they're still in 1A due to the lack of challenge in NKY 1A ball.

I've lost track. I thought Beechwood was moving to 2A.

 

Regardless it's a very nice schedule and one they should play especially if they're still in 1A due to the lack of challenge in NKY 1A ball.

 

Next year with the new alignment.

Tough schedule, has for the past decade been a Beechwood hallmark. If they stay healthy the difficult schedule will pay dividends IMO.

I didn't see any updates from the first Beechwood scrimmage. Was there a thread that I just missed? I was trying to see how the QB position played out.

I didn't see any updates from the first Beechwood scrimmage. Was there a thread that I just missed? I was trying to see how the QB position played out.

 

Yes there was a thread on here. Cam Hergott played the entire first half and a few drives in the second half. He controlled the offense well and was a big factor in the run game. Beechwood only three 4 or 5 passes in the first half which he only completed 1 of those. In the second half they focused on the pass more but Beechwood had some fumbling issues in the second half and it took him off to early to get a good gauge of how he was throwing. He has a good arm just not a lot of passes in the game. I look for the pass game to be a more focal point in their second scrimmage against JC.

Yes there was a thread on here. Cam Hergott played the entire first half and a few drives in the second half. He controlled the offense well and was a big factor in the run game. Beechwood only three 4 or 5 passes in the first half which he only completed 1 of those. In the second half they focused on the pass more but Beechwood had some fumbling issues in the second half and it took him off to early to get a good gauge of how he was throwing. He has a good arm just not a lot of passes in the game. I look for the pass game to be a more focal point in their second scrimmage against JC.

 

Is Cam related to Beechwood's OC?

Yes there was a thread on here. Cam Hergott played the entire first half and a few drives in the second half. He controlled the offense well and was a big factor in the run game. Beechwood only three 4 or 5 passes in the first half which he only completed 1 of those. In the second half they focused on the pass more but Beechwood had some fumbling issues in the second half and it took him off to early to get a good gauge of how he was throwing. He has a good arm just not a lot of passes in the game. I look for the pass game to be a more focal point in their second scrimmage against JC.

 

He was 2-4 in the first half with one of them dropped. He finished 6-10 and just missed connecting on a post, and a fade to Odom was caught just out of bounds in the endzone.

For his first varsity action of his career......he did just fine. Not to mention his legs are gonna be a major asset.

He was 2-4 in the first half with one of them dropped. He finished 6-10 and just missed connecting on a post, and a fade to Odom was caught just out of bounds in the endzone.

For his first varsity action of his career......he did just fine. Not to mention his legs are gonna be a major asset.

 

I am super excited to watch his progression this year. Kid can be extremely good!!!!

Is Cam related to Beechwood's OC?

 

Yes he is the Nephew of Greg Hergott!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.