gchs_uk9

Longest Losing Streaks (entering 2018)

Update to the initial post from @gchs_uk9 I have extended it to include the list through last week of current losing streaks.

Dunbar plays McCreary Central, Iroquois plays Shawnee, Lewis Co. plays Fairview so at least 3 teams are coming off the list & hopefully more!

1. Shawnee 38

2. Berea 37

3. Caverna 29

4. Warren Central 28

5. Fulton City 22

6. Letcher Central 19

7.Seneca 18

8. Jenkins 18

9. Dunbar 16

10. Cov Holy Cross 16

11. Butler Co. 15

12. Marion Co. 14

13. Dayton 10

14. McCreary Central 9

15. Fort Campbell 9

16. Dixie Heights 8

17. Leslie Co. 7

18. Lewis Co. 7

19. Collins 5

20. Gallatin Co. 5

21. Russell 5

22. Western 5

23. Bryan Station 5

24. Ohio Co 5

25. Doss 4

26. Fairview 4

27. Harlan Co. 4

28. Prestonsburg 4

29.Betsy Layne 4

30. Elizabethtown 4

31. Holmes 4

32. Trinity(Lou) 4

33.Iroquois 3

34. Nelson Co. 3

Congrats to the following teams that got a win this past week & are now off the list!

Letcher County Central, Dunbar, Iroquois, Marion Co. Fort Campbell, Lewis Co. Elizabethown & Russell.

Shawnee 39

Berea 38

Caverna 30

Warren Central 29

Fulton City 23

Seneca 19

Jenkins 19

Cov Holy Cross 16

Butler Co. 16

Dayton 10

McCreary Central 10

Dixie Heights 9

Leslie Co. 8

Collins 6

Gallatin Co. 6

Western 6

Bryan Station 6

Ohio Co 6

Doss 5

Fairview 5

Harlan Co. 5

Prestonsburg 5

Holmes 5

Trinity(Lou) 5

I understand that their schedule is tougher than any other team in Kentucky, but is it weird to anybody else to see the name Trinity on a post titled longest losing streak?

Congrats to Leslie Co. Collins, Harlan Co., Holmes, & Trinity for their wins this past week & getting off the list! Couple of new additions. I have put a floor on the list at 5 consecutive losses to get on the list at this point. Hope that more of these teams get off of here this upcoming week!

Shawnee 40

Berea 39

Caverna 31

Warren Central 30

Fulton City 24

Seneca 20

Jenkins 20

Cov Holy Cross 17

Butler Co. 17

Dayton 11

McCreary Central 11

Dixie Heights 10

Gallatin Co. 7

Western 7

Bryan Station 7

Ohio Co 7

Doss 6

Fairview 6

Prestonsburg 6

Lafayette 5

Betsy Layne 5

Nelson Co. 5

Congrats to Gallatin Co. & Doss for their wins this last week!

Shawnee 41

Berea 40

Caverna 32

Warren Central 31

Fulton City 25

Jenkins 21

Seneca 21

Butler Co. 18

Cov Holy Cross 18

Dayton 12

McCreary Central 12

Dixie Heights 11

Bryan Station 8

Western 8

Fairview 7

Ohio Co. 7

Owen Co. 7

Prestonsburg 7

Betsy Layne 6

Lafayette 6

Nelson Co. 6

Middlesboro 5

Jackson Co. 5

Jeffersontown 5

Newport Central Catholic 5

I can't see either Berea or Fulton City winning games anytime soon. Might be time for both schools to evaluate their situations.

I can't see either Berea or Fulton City winning games anytime soon. Might be time for both schools to evaluate their situations.

Too bad they are 5 hours away from each other or they could play each other.

I hate this thread.

We went through a 7 game losing streak at Mason. It was rough. The Wednesday morning(practice at 6:30 am before school) before we finally broke the streak, our water system quit working, humidity was near 100%, and my son says we easily did more than 100 up downs at that practice. Losing stinks, but if you continue to hold kids accountable, all that is left is kids that are totally committed to each other who are tougher than nails. When we got back from Highlands that season, those kids won two district titles, reached the quarterfinals in back to back seasons, and did not lose a regular season game until October, two seasons later.

I will say this.... hats off to the kids and coaches who continue to walk through the door everyday and don't give up the fight. I have tremendous respect for you. On a daily basis, do the best you can. You will fight your way out of it. And, hopefully sooner than later.

2 years ago, Logan County had a streak longer than anyone on this list. Now they have won 17 regular season games in a row. It can be done!

I hate this thread.

I can stop updating it if you would prefer. I mean no malice in updating the list, I enjoy seeing teams winning & getting off the list!

I can stop updating it if you would prefer. I mean no malice in updating the list, I enjoy seeing teams winning & getting off the list!

I think 10 losses is a better starting point than 5 losses.

I think Berea has the right coach in place in Aaron Stepp. They need to schedule a little better going into next season (I'm sure they have) but he's done well there once before and I think he'll do a good job going forward. They've never been a power but the lack of stability in recent years has made winning so difficult. He can fix that.

I am all for POSITIVE posts after those teams win!

When we had that 7 game losing streak at Mason, I was not counting on purpose. Coach Ullery walks in and says....”You know we have lost seven in a row.”

I said....”Thanks a lot for letting me know!”

Lol.

Shawnee started the 2014 season 4-0, and haven't won a game since September 12, 2014. They scored a total of 55 points last season. Anybody know what the issues are at Shawnee?

It is unfortunate to say, but for a lot of the student body at that school, winning a game in sports is not toward the top of the list of things they have to consciously worry and focus on to get through the day. A way it could be fixed is somehow creating a culture where the football team is more than a team trying to win games but a supportive family that helps each other, such as having meals together, portraying football as an escape from those worries and a place to relax and enjoy the sport, and I am sure other ways. It is going to take some serious overtime and commitment from the whole school. That will grow the numbers, and with that unity I hope they can strive toward some wins.