Cardinals 5 Tigers 0

pthsfan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carpenter is solid, has excellent command of his FB and offspeed pitches, gets ahead early and controls the game.

I said earlier, these long layoffs without competition can affect a team. Give credit to the Cardinals pitching in this series. Weaver did a very good job, in the loss also.

Game #4, is critical for the Tigers and can be a stranglehold for the Cardinals.

Does it surprise anyone else that we only have 4 replies to a Game 3 World Series thread? Seems there isn't much interest in baseball in general anymore...

No, it's just that the Tiger fans are disinterested or demoralized. After all, it was supposed to be Tigers in 4 or 5 games!

Does it surprise anyone else that we only have 4 replies to a Game 3 World Series thread? Seems there isn't much interest in baseball in general anymore...

I believe that there is interest and the reason there isn't much talking in this thread is because of what Bluto stated. Look, both teams struggled to even get into the post season and both are in the WS. What better story is there? Also, you don't have a big market team, like the Yankees, in the WS. Weather can be a factor as well. Maybe even the great pitching that is keeping both teams batting averages below .200, could be the culprit. I'm interested.

Found it interesting that the player the Reds fans COULD NEVER be a #3 hitter in the Reds lineup and the Reds expect to win, was discussed as the person the Tigers need to move back to the #3 spot for tonight's game.

Leyland must not know what he is doing, batting #21 in that 3rd spot since they got the Mayor in a trade.:irked: :D

At one point before I nodded off, the Tigers had 3 hits and Casey had 2 of them.

It's happened before. Like I said, two teams in a small market, outstanding pitching keeping runs down, and weather. At least I won't have to here Fox broadasting the NL games.

Maybe MLB should invite the Rolling Stones in to sing a couple of songs during the 7th inning stretch, make a party atmosphere, and have some lame entertainment before each game. MLB has fans of the game. NFL has fans, but draw even more ratings by bringing in "stars" to sing some tunes. They have a lot of hoopla going on all week. Sure,I love watching the Superbowl. But I don't watch pre-game or halftime. I'm busy making more snacks.