October 25, 200619 yr Carpenter pitched a gem last night to give them the upper hand. Suppan needs to be strong tonight.
October 25, 200619 yr Does it surprise anyone else that we only have 4 replies to a Game 3 World Series thread? Seems there isn't much interest in baseball in general anymore...Or is it that the series, so far, isn't going the way a lot of people have predicted?
October 25, 200619 yr Does it surprise anyone else that we only have 4 replies to a Game 3 World Series thread? Seems there isn't much interest in baseball in general anymore... I've been watching; just haven't found a reason to comment until now. In all seriousness, I am surprised the Cards have a lead. I still think Detroit's superior pitching will get them through, however.
October 25, 200619 yr You have to worry about the future of baseball though when Deal-Or-No Deal has a higher rating the the NL playoffs don't you? Or how about when the NL playoffs will be on TBS next year? That doesn't seem alarming to anyone else? Let's see the National Media really on promotes only two teams during most of the season and neither of them are in the playoffs. People know more about Torre/Arod than either of these teams because the Yankees and Red Sox are jammed down our throats. Who knows anything about the Tigers? They were one of the most underpublicized best teams in the country this year. I would be shocked if they were on any of the national games more than 10 times this year. And the way St. Louis limped through the season, they were not promoted. Pujols is the best player in this generation in my opinion but we know more about Jeter's night life and Giambi's steroid issues than we know about Pujols.
October 25, 200619 yr Or is it that the series, so far, isn't going the way a lot of people have predicted?That and all the off/on field issues, of some NFL players seems to be leading the sports these days. I would like to turn on a sport show this evening and the lead story, be the World Series and rightfully so, instead of who's the QB in Dallas, what T.O. thinks, etc....The NBA preseason, is also not getting much discussion either but I believe, with HS Football nearing the end the focus of discussion is "who's going to play whom" I could talk Baseball, 24 hours a day, if I could find someone to listen.... By the way, before its over I think this series could be one of the best pitched in a long time, from both teams.
October 25, 200619 yr It's happened before. Like I said, two teams in a small market, outstanding pitching keeping runs down, and weather. At least I won't have to here Fox broadasting the NL games. Maybe MLB should invite the Rolling Stones in to sing a couple of songs during the 7th inning stretch, make a party atmosphere, and have some lame entertainment before each game. MLB has fans of the game. NFL has fans, but draw even more ratings by bringing in "stars" to sing some tunes. They have a lot of hoopla going on all week. Sure,I love watching the Superbowl. But I don't watch pre-game or halftime. I'm busy making more snacks. So you are telling baseball is in a good state right now comparatively speaking?
October 25, 200619 yr Or is it that the series, so far, isn't going the way a lot of people have predicted? But wouldn't that entice more fans to watch...:sssh:
October 25, 200619 yr Let's see the National Media really on promotes only two teams during most of the season and neither of them are in the playoffs. People know more about Torre/Arod than either of these teams because the Yankees and Red Sox are jammed down our throats. Who knows anything about the Tigers? They were one of the most underpublicized best teams in the country this year. I would be shocked if they were on any of the national games more than 10 times this year. And the way St. Louis limped through the season, they were not promoted. Pujols is the best player in this generation in my opinion but we know more about Jeter's night life and Giambi's steroid issues than we know about Pujols. Why would the media promote someone nobody wanted to hear about? Have you ever thought of why the media promotes the Yankees and Red Sox all year, b/c there is so many people interested...
October 25, 200619 yr I could talk Baseball, 24 hours a day, if I could find someone to listen.... The best quote on this thread so far.
October 25, 200619 yr Why would the media promote someone nobody wanted to hear about? Have you ever thought of why the media promotes the Yankees and Red Sox all year, b/c there is so many people interested... They promote the Yankees because of the NY market, not necessarily because that is what the rest of the country wants. Same reason why the Yankees and Mets were in primetime for the early rounds of the playoffs. I am sure there are a bunch of Tigers/Cardinal fans out there that care.
October 25, 200619 yr That and all the off/on field issues, of some NFL players seems to be leading the sports these days. I would like to turn on a sport show this evening and the lead story, be the World Series and rightfully so, instead of who's the QB in Dallas, what T.O. thinks, etc....The NBA preseason, is also not getting much discussion either but I believe, with HS Football nearing the end the focus of discussion is "who's going to play whom" I could talk Baseball, 24 hours a day, if I could find someone to listen....:D By the way, before its over I think this series could be one of the best pitched in a long time, from both teams. Does BGP actually count since we read and don't technically listen?
October 25, 200619 yr They promote the Yankees because of the NY market, not necessarily because that is what the rest of the country wants. Same reason why the Yankees and Mets were in primetime for the early rounds of the playoffs. I am sure there are a bunch of Tigers/Cardinal fans out there that care. So you're telling me that the national media promotes the Yankees and Red Sox b/c of the NY market and doesn't care about the entire nation or its ratings? :confused:
October 25, 200619 yr ....I am sure there are a bunch of Tigers/Cardinal fans out there that care.That would be me. My favorite team is Detroit and 2nd favorite, is St. Louis. NWO and several others on here, also like the Cardinals. The time it takes to play and the image problem of enhancements with Baseball, will take a while to overcome to the national market. Playing in the frigid temperatures, doesn't help either. We are a society who likes to watch the mighty fail and underachieve and don't appreciate, the team concept....but rather only follow the superstar. If Pujols gets 2 hits but doesn't hit any HR's, the first comment is "he's struggling".... Also, with the "reality" shows that flood the airways, I'm not sure the normal Neilsen viewer is watching anything of value but rather, someone else's misery.... Does BGP actually count since we read and don't technically listen? Yes, I've met some great Baseball people through BGP and hope, to meet some in person.
October 25, 200619 yr So you're telling me that the national media promotes the Yankees and Red Sox b/c of the NY market and doesn't care about the entire nation or its ratings? :confused: There was an article in one of the papers I read at the beginning of the playoffs that said that Fox chose to run the Mets and Yankee games all in primetime because of the NY market and wanting to put those games in primetime with the largest market in the country. We have the League championship going on and the biggest story was Joe Torre and whether he would come back or not. I don't really think that the fans of the A's, Tiger's, Cardinals and definitely Mets felt that was the lead story but for some reason it was. Put the Tigers in NYC and they get that pub that the Yankees get.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.