Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinals 5 Tigers 0

Featured Replies

....:thumb:

 

Another thing I've never understood, even when I was young...is the starting time. Make them more conducive to the young people and not have games ending near midnight, when they are all asleep.

 

To be popular, the sport must target the young audience and not force them to miss the end, after going to bed in the 7th inning.....How many know of young men or women, who wake up in the morning and eventually ask "Who won the game last night".

 

Me personally, I'm enjoying this series and the teams. More thought the Cardinals had a chance at the beginning of the season and no one, including myself thought Detroit would be here....

 

I would have loved too see a day game, at least, on the weekends. That's something that no one will see until somebody other than Fox broadcasts the games. I know CBS didn't either, but ESPN would be crazy enough to do it. Heck, TBS would broadcast a day game. I guess it's left up to ol' Bud, though.:sssh:

  • Replies 82
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do miss the day games.

Please see post #38. It is about dollars and that is the only thing it is about and the dollars for Fox is NYC market.
I believe we are on the same page because the two notions coincide with one another. Your big market teams (i.e. Mets and Yankees) generate more revenue other teams (just check out revenue sharing where the Yankees and Red Sox virtually keep up the entire league)... with the rules of baseball, big market teams can have an advantage on the field if they choose so by capturing big name players.
Final. Cardinals take a 2-1 lead!!!!!

 

I'll be at Busch Stadium for Game 4 tomorrow night:dancingpa :dancingpa :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I don't like you anymore....:cry: If you need someone to drive, I'll volunteer.

 

Strike, have you been spying on my house?;) Even though we're in the Central Time Zone, my 9 year old has to go to bed every night around the 7th inning. All through the DS, CS, and the WS, we wake him up by telling him who won the night before!
....:sssh: I can get in trouble, if I answer that.

 

I believe the partially closed bedroom door, was invented by a young man who wanted to stay up and watch the game but wanted his parents to think, he was asleep....I used to do it but not having a remote, sure made it tough jumping out of the bed, when you hear footsteps down the hall.

 

Starts the games at 7:00 or 7:30 for a change.....for the kids to follow and develop a love for the game.

 

I would have loved too see a day game, at least, on the weekends. That's something that no one will see until somebody other than Fox broadcasts the games. I know CBS didn't either, but ESPN would be crazy enough to do it. Heck, TBS would broadcast a day game. I guess it's left up to ol' Bud, though.:sssh:
...I'm with you my friend.

Hopefully the rain will hold off.

Strike, have you been spying on my house?;) Even though we're in the Central Time Zone, my 9 year old has to go to bed every night around the 7th inning. All through the DS, CS, and the WS, we wake him up by telling him who won the night before!

Your son needs a battery operated transister radio with an earpiece and the appreciation of listening to a baseball game on the radio.

 

Baseball is better with a good radio broadcast than watching on tv.

Hopefully the rain will hold off.
....:thumb:

 

Not me! I watched it back in 1968 and I didn't like the outcome!!
I remember this series and I didn't mind the outcome....:D
Your son needs a battery operated transister radio with an earpiece and the appreciation of listening to a baseball game on the radio.

 

Man!! those were the days!!
Your son needs a battery operated transister radio with an earpiece and the appreciation of listening to a baseball game on the radio.

 

Baseball is better with a good radio broadcast than watching on tv.

By the way LBBC, we may be watching TTL's son pitch in the "big show" some day.....:thumb:

 

I hear he's doing well.

 

Man!! those were the days!!
Amen my friend. Not many better than Jack Buck or Ernie Harwell. I really enjoyed Joe and Marty too.
....:thumb:

 

I remember this series and I didn't mind the outcome....:D

I know I don't like you now!!! :irked: ;)
Your son needs a battery operated transister radio with an earpiece and the appreciation of listening to a baseball game on the radio.

 

Baseball is better with a good radio broadcast than watching on tv.

I hear that! I pay for XM radio solely for the privilege of listening to Ron Santo and Pat Hughes call Cubs' home games! During the season, we are usually listening to a one game or another on the radio while in the car.

By the way LBBC, we may be watching TTL's son pitch in the "big show" some day.....:thumb:

 

I hear he's doing well.

He's had some awesome guidance!;) :thumb:

You guys are OLD... :D
nah, just experienced and aged like a fine wine.

 

I know I don't like you now!!! :irked: ;)
..:lol:

 

I just hope we get to see the next round, in 38 years.....:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.