Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maui Invitational

Featured Replies

BYU, Chaminade, Dayton, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan State, UCLA, Virginia Tech will all compete in next year's Maui Invitational

I love the Maui Invitational. This is one thing I disagree with John Calipari on...I think events like this are what November basketball is all about. I wish Kentucky still participated in this and other similar events. I even used to love the Great Alaska Shootout.

I love the Maui Invitational. This is one thing I disagree with John Calipari on...I think events like this are what November basketball is all about. I wish Kentucky still participated in this and other similar events. I even used to love the Great Alaska Shootout.

 

Better to play a rigged event that allows UK fans to fill up the stands so his kids can continue to be shocked by the "brutal" road environs against SEC schools that don't care about hoops.

I love the Maui Invitational. This is one thing I disagree with John Calipari on...I think events like this are what November basketball is all about. I wish Kentucky still participated in this and other similar events. I even used to love the Great Alaska Shootout.

 

In this day of one and done, what better recruiting tool than to have an all expense paid trip to Hawaii. I agree. I don't understand his logic on this one.

 

I think it still date back to when he was at UMASS and came through Kentucky on his way back from the Great Alaska Shootout and got drilled. He blamed jet lag, etc.

Better to play a rigged event that allows UK fans to fill up the stands so his kids can continue to be shocked by the "brutal" road environs against SEC schools that don't care about hoops.

I know what you’re trying to say, but UK fans fill the Maui invitational. I’d say that is the least intimidating place to ever play.

Better to play a rigged event that allows UK fans to fill up the stands so his kids can continue to be shocked by the "brutal" road environs against SEC schools that don't care about hoops.

 

Neutral court games are much better preparation for March than road games.

Neutral court games are much better preparation for March than road games.

 

We know, that's what he's made you all believe. I just don't buy it.

Better to play a rigged event that allows UK fans to fill up the stands so his kids can continue to be shocked by the "brutal" road environs against SEC schools that don't care about hoops.

 

Those SEC road games actually are brutal.

We know, that's what he's made you all believe. I just don't buy it.

 

Not asking anyone to buy it.

 

A road game in a 8,000 seat cracker box in November is going to prepare a team for playing in a 24,000 seat arena on a neutral court how?

 

The atmosphere, the hoopla surrounding the games, the size of the arena and the quality of opponent in the neutral court games they play is much more similar to what they'll be seeing come March as opposed to playing a team like Butler at Hinkle in November. There's just no way in denying that.

Not asking anyone to buy it.

 

A road game in a 8,000 seat cracker box in November is going to prepare a team for playing in a 24,000 seat arena on a neutral court how?

 

The atmosphere, the hoopla surrounding the games, the size of the arena and the quality of opponent in the neutral court games they play is much more similar to what they'll be seeing come March as opposed to playing a team like Butler at Hinkle in November. There's just no way in denying that.

 

The size of the arenas in neutral site games is irrelevant when they play all their home games in the biggest gym in America. The arena size for neutral games is a non-factor for UK.

 

Playing in a gym where 95% of the people are cheering against you is more beneficial than playing in a gym still smaller than your home arena, filled with 70-80% (at least) of your own fans.

Playing in a gym where 95% of the people are cheering against you is more beneficial than playing in a gym still smaller than your home arena, filled with 70-80% (at least) of your own fans.

 

How so? They aren't going to see that environment come March.

Those SEC road games actually are brutal.

 

For Kentucky. Not usually for the next opponent.

For Kentucky. Not usually for the next opponent.

 

Yes, that's what I meant. When Kentucky comes to town, it's crazy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.