Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maui Invitational

Featured Replies

How so? They aren't going to see that environment come March.

 

Right. So playing in a much tougher environment in a true road game will make a neutral site game seem like a home game, aka much easier to deal with.

Yes, that's what I meant. When Kentucky comes to town, it's crazy.

 

Yep. But that's no different than Michigan State in the B10, Kansas in the B12, Duke & UNC in the ACC. That's just the way it is for the blue-bloods.

Right. So playing in a much tougher environment in a true road game will make a neutral site game seem like a home game, aka much easier to deal with.

 

We'll just have to disagree there.

 

None of the elite teams do it, so they must all have similar thoughts regarding the scheduling....:idunno:

BYU, Chaminade, Dayton, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan State, UCLA, Virginia Tech will all compete in next year's Maui Invitational

Just to be clear, by "next year", this is 2019's field, not the one from this coming fall (8 months).

We'll just have to disagree there.

 

None of the elite teams do it, so they must all have similar thoughts regarding the scheduling....:idunno:

 

We will.

I love the Maui Invitational. This is one thing I disagree with John Calipari on...I think events like this are what November basketball is all about. I wish Kentucky still participated in this and other similar events. I even used to love the Great Alaska Shootout.
I 100 % Agree.

This season true road games against the Power 6....

 

Louisville: @Purdue (ACC/B10 Challenge), & @ Kentucky

Kentucky: @ West Virginia (SEC/B12 Challenge)

Kansas: @Nebraska

Duke: @Indiana (ACC/B10 Challenge) & @St. Johns

UNC: @ Stanford & @ Tennessee

Michigan State: N/A

I don't think the Maui does jack squat to prepare anyone for anything. I just enjoy watching it, and what a great recruiting tool it could be.

 

That Nike tournament they just had, though, would have been great and UK was supposed to be in it until Cal backed out. I don't get it.

This season true road games against the Power 6....

 

Louisville: @Purdue (ACC/B10 Challenge), & @ Kentucky

Kentucky: @ West Virginia (SEC/B12 Challenge)

Kansas: @Nebraska

Duke: @Indiana (ACC/B10 Challenge) & @St. Johns

UNC: @ Stanford & @ Tennessee

Michigan State: N/A

 

Awe come on UKMF. Don't try to dispell hate with facts. :D

I don't think the Maui does jack squat to prepare anyone for anything. I just enjoy watching it, and what a great recruiting tool it could be.

 

That Nike tournament they just had, though, would have been great and UK was supposed to be in it until Cal backed out. I don't get it.

 

Well if UK played in it they may have had 2 or 3 more losses. So after that 4 game losing streak in February they really may have been on the bubble.

 

I agree with Cal not doing that torunament this past season with such a young team. Now this coming season since they may have a lot back it would be a good time for a tourny. However they already have non conference games next year against Duke, UNC, UL, and whoever they pick from the big 12. Most likely it will be Kansas but maybe Kansas State now lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.