Covington Catholic 66 Fern Creek 58 (Sweet 16 Quarterfinal)

I think they will beat SC by 10. I am not sure SC beats WC, but they should. I am not even close to being a CCH fan, not close.

I’ll agree SC hasn’t looked as sharp the last few games, but overall they are the best team. Crazy things can happen at any moment. Covington Catholic is very solid. If they meet in the finals and they beat SC I won’t be shocked. With the depth SC has with the ability to guard and shoot the rock I give SC the edge.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CovCath wins by 30 tomorrow and has a legit chance to cut down the nets.

They have everything...talent, speed, a scoring machine, a true big man, a great ball handling PG, depth, role players. They can win the whole thing in my opinion.

Another kid who was very very valuable and will be if Covington Catholic meets Scott is Micheal Mayer. I was told in stands he’s the next big football deal in NKY. He has to present fear in other high school kids he’s a monster.

CJ Fredrick was unconcious Friday! Fern Creek through their best defensive players at him. They clawed, grabbed, shoved, face guarded and did everything they could to shut him down and he still put up 30 against an amazing D in a game un which CCH didnt look to score for over a quarter...

Another kid who was very very valuable and will be if Covington Catholic meets Scott is Micheal Mayer. I was told in stands he’s the next big football deal in NKY. He has to present fear in other high school kids he’s a monster.

Top TE in 2020 class (nationally).

I think CovCath wins by 30 tomorrow and has a legit chance to cut down the nets.

They have everything...talent, speed, a scoring machine, a true big man, a great ball handling PG, depth, role players. They can win the whole thing in my opinion.

All true, but Scott County will present problems for the Colonels as they too are loaded. It should be an exciting final if neither one looks past their opponents today.

Really like the coaching job of James Schooler. His kids get after it and played hard until the final buzzer last night. The lack of an inside presence bothered them last night as their big man (Wickliffe?) seemed more comfortable on the perimeter than inside. Congrats to the Tigers on a great season and on back to back region titles.

I watched the post-game press conference. Coach Schooler, Price, Wickliffe and Wales were gracious and complimentary of their opponent; just absolute class on display. Congratulations to Fern Creek on a great season. You were a pleasure to watch.

It’s crazy the stats CJ is putting up down at Rupp!

The winner of Mr Basketball( Not saying he is a bad player) didn’t even make it to the Sweet 16 and CJ is putting numbers up like this! I begin to wonder about the voting!

Why turn this thread negative? Everything posted in this thread has been good positive talk and accolades. This post does not bring one postive thing to CJ, CCH or this thread.

Please, everyone else, leave the above post alone and let's stay focused on the good stuff.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Why turn this thread negative? Everything posted in this thread has been good positive talk and accolades. This post does not bring one postive thing to CJ, CCH or this thread.

Please, everyone else, let the above post alone and let's stay focused on the good stuff.

I heard a post game interviews and the Fredrick kid sure doesn’t seem to care about much but giving his teammates credit and winning games

Please, everyone else, leave the above post alone and let's stay focused on the good stuff.

Nothing Negative at all! Wins Gatorade player of the year! Putting up great numbers at State! NKY players don’t get respect because we only have one media person that vote!