The one day early March 14th NFL Free Agency Thread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCarron is an interesting FA. Highly unlikely he resigns with the Bengals. He already knows that MB likes AD and that he will be in Cincinnati for a few more years.

I look at these places still.

Arizona

Washington

Buffalo

Miami

Dallas

Giants

Jets

Philly

Some of these he may start or at least compete. Some of these are one year away from letting their QB go if he has a bad year. He's gonna leave.

Arizona is said to be looking at Mike Glennon once the Bears cut him loose.

Washington has Alex Smith.

Buffalo is in position to draft a new QB.

Miami - possible if Tannehill isn't healthy.

Dallas - zero chance he'd compete with Dak.

Giants are preparing to draft a QB and they have Davis Webb behind Eli already.

Jets are focused on Teddy Bridgewater

Philly has Carson Wentz. Not happening.

Of those teams. I could see the Jets, Buffalo, and Arizona. He would be a bridge QB for them while they develope someone behind him for a year or so.

Dude is gonna be a career back up player. He will get a shot to start somewhere in the next 2 years and prove to be nothing but that.

Imo that is exactly what Andy Dalton would have been. If he was handed everything his first few years by having a top 10 defense his first 3 years. A top 5 running game 2014. Good OL and Wrs. The only reason why Dalton is looked at like a starting qb is because being put in a great situation with things around him to start his career. If his career was like the last 2 years with a bad line and not as much talent around him. He would be looked at as nothing more than a plug in starter or backup.

Which McCarron like Dalton would do well with a lot around him. McCarron showed that by looking very much like Dalton in the few games he played. Except he was able to do that with no experience. While besides 2015 Dalton has looked like that with experience.

For McCarron he will have to be in a situation with a lot around him like Dalton had or what Keenum had This year. To show what he can do. If not you are correct he will be a backup. Much like Dalton would have been if he landed somewhere else to start his career.

Again, he is probably looking at a backup. I don't agree on Dak. I don't think he is better than him, but I am not sure he is the future for the Cowboys. Probably, but not a certainty.

He could compete with Glennon, if the $$ was right. I can see Buffalo bringing him in. He will land at one of these places mentioned prior, I believe.

Of those teams. I could see the Jets, Buffalo, and Arizona. He would be a bridge QB for them while they develope someone behind him for a year or so.

Agreed here. His best bet would be Buffalo or Arizona imo. Then he will need to do the best he can when given his chance.

And Philly still has Nick Foles, who I'm guessing they'll hold on to since Wentz may not be ready when camp starts. Not to mention the Eagles are very high on their 3rd stringer Nate Sudfeld. They have arguably the best QB situation in the league....bringing AJ in doesn't change that.

Miami and Arizona are the only places I could see him land as a starter.

If they draft Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson I could see McCarron starting for a year while one of them sits. It would fit.

I would not do that if I was Buffalo. We have seen too many of these rookie quarterbacks jump into it right away in recent years to mess around with sitting for a year.

The other factor in all of these signings, if I am a quarterback in this draft I am getting really worried about how far I might drop in the draft.