NKY/9th Region Awards

Are these the NKAC awards?

No they are NKBBCA (NoKY Boys Basketball Coaches Association) awards, which includes all of the "Northern Kentucky" teams.

There are three divisions which mirror the NKAC structure.

The Awards banquet is Sunday, March 11th at CovCath

The only distinction is that an 8th or 10th Region Player cannot be the "Player of the Year" because each region awards a POY. Therefore that particular distinction is 9th Region specific.

All NKBBCA awards were voted on at a meeting of the coaches on Saturday morning, Feb. 17th prior to the onset of post-season play.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting really stale really quick. Both of these players are great high school basketball players. Both teams/programs have slugged it out for ninth region supremacy and it has led to a bunch of great games. I think NKY should just be happy it had such great talents and a great rivalry the past couple years.

I'll be attending the NKBBCA awards banquet on Sunday along many other BGPreppers that have the privilege to either coach or be a parent/family to these fine players. Let's just let it be what it is.... acknowledgment of all of the hard work that these kids put in at all 3 conference levels as judged by the coaches.... not us.

I am pretty sure that Highlands will not be attending. I thought that each team was to be represented by at least one player.

Fairly certain that isn't true... Teams like Heritage and Latin would have representation and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they do... There also have been some down years for teams now and then and they just don't get picked... Lloyd for the few years before last year comes to mind. Or Beechwood when they first moved up...

Fairly certain that isn't true... Teams like Heritage and Latin would have representation and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they do... There also have been some down years for teams now and then and they just don't get picked... Lloyd for the few years before last year comes to mind. Or Beechwood when they first moved up...

Wow, now highlands getting compared to heritage and Latin? Things have really gone south

I am pretty sure that Highlands will not be attending. I thought that each team was to be represented by at least one player.

There are no such stipulations.

Coaches vote, the votes are tabulated, and winners announced.

Fredrick was player of the year

Ruthsatz Coach of the Year

Ruthsatz on the verge of shattering lots of NKY records.....three trips in five years, six regionals pretty impressive.

Region wont be the same with out Fredrick, Kunkle, Mayer, Ruthsatz, Walter, Burries, Runyon, McNeil kids have been stables for three years in the Region