Cleveland State 89 Northern Kentucky 80

UK#1fanisback

Norse come up empty in final five minutes of the game.

No NCAA Tourney for NKU.

McDonald brilliant for Norse - 24 points/13 rebounds.

Cleveland State went on a 9-0 run late from which NKU could not recover.

This sucks.

Knowing they were the top team in the conference all season and that they have no chance to make the Dance now, man this sucks.

One of the tough things about being in a 1-bid conference. The regular season is meaningless as far as the NCAA tourney goes. Last year, it worked in NKU's favor, this year, not so much. Hopefully they can regroup for the NIT.

This has always been my argument with one bid conferences. Why wouldnt teams just spend the whole regular season (conference play included) trying different rotations, going through different in game scenarios etc? Use each game as an "exhibition game" to get ready for the conference tourney. Dont show your hand so to speak.

If you win the regular season conference title it should be automatic, and if you win the tourney you'd be eligible but not gauranteed.

Totally sucks for NKU, they are probably the best team in the Horizon. As the saying goes, any given day, game, etc. Would have really liked seeing them make it back to back.

Last year they never beat a team seeded higher than them in the tourney to make the dance. Lots of upsets. Can’t have it both ways in a conference that typically only gets one team. I think this season proved that they are for real but as you said on any given day.

Last year they never beat a team seeded higher than them in the tourney to make the dance. Lots of upsets. Can’t have it both ways in a conference that typically only gets one team. I think this season proved that they are for real but as you said on any given day.

Very true.

I don’t know how you all feel about it, but I hate conference tourneys for this reason. In 1 bid conferences the auto bid should go to the best team in the conference not the team that got hot for 3-4 games. This really sucks for NKU.

Does a league like the Horizon really make that much profit on having a tournament? Isn't that the reason given by conferences for having them in the first place? Must be television money. Lesser league tournaments certainly don't seem to be well attended especially when the host city has no team advancing.