Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 80 Kentucky 67

Featured Replies

IMO, their lack of development is what has really hurt this team. UK has length but no real inside presence. Sadly it doesn't look better for next season.

 

I don't know how people can even comment on next year. That once again goes back to people forgetting players get better. Just like people forgot a young team could get better with more experience this year.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah they had poor games, but I’m not ever counting on them to have great games for UK to win. Today it wouldn’t have mattered.

The way Florida shot the ball today no one in the nation would have beaten them, especially in that small arena.

For better or worse this is over team. Very flawed. Let’s hope for an elite 8 run again.

The streak that UF went on, blowing out to I believe was a 23 pt. lead was the story. If I am not mistaken, I think the Gators hit something like 8 shots in a row. Hudson had scored 23 pts. combined in the UF 3 previous UF games and he went off :idunno:. For the larger portion of the game, UF was beating the Cats to loose balls, feeding off their home crowd and it shook the Cats. Without an experienced upper classmen (on the floor leader) imo U.K. let things get out of hand.

Officiating wasn't the reason, Coaching wasn't the reason ....The Gators @ home, on their senior day just flat putting a behind the woodshed beating on us was the reason for the loss.

 

U.K. opens up the "real" season next Thurs. or Fri. in the SEC tournament. My pre season pick to win the SEC tourney championship was Florida with their Senior guards and are still my pick.

If Missouri beats Arkansas today. Uk will be the 4 seed and play at 330 Friday. If Arkansas wins UK will be the 5 seed and play at 330 Thursday.

The Gators hit 49.1% from the floor,41.7% from three and 70% from the free throw line.

 

Those numbers were much higher until Florida went 5 minutes without making a shot. However you can afford to do that when you were so hot before that, that you had a 22 point lead.

This Ky. team has no chance to beat any good team if you have to play extended minutes with Richards, Diallo and Gabriel on the floor at the same time. They give you absolutely nothing on defense and very little on offense.

I'm not sure which is worse, UK haters jumping online to bash them ASAP after a game or "Supposed UK Fans" wanting to be the first ones with the "Hot Takes" and bashing them.

 

It's also funny how when they play well or win you never hear from either group.

I'm not which is worse, UK haters jumping online to bash them ASAP after a game or "Supposed UK Fans" wanting to be the first ones with the "Hot Takes" and bashing them.

 

It's also funny how when they play well or win you never hear from either group.

 

Yep.

This Ky. team has no chance to beat any good team if you have to play extended minutes with Richards, Diallo and Gabriel on the floor at the same time. They give you absolutely nothing on defense and very little on offense.

 

I disagree on Gabriel. I like the energy he brings. But you are on target that Cal needs to cut down the minutes and rotation. His best five who need the most minutes are SGA, Green, Vanderbilt, Knox and Washington. Those five need at least 25 minutes+, and the goal should be more like 30+. I am ok starting Richards, but he gets no more than 15 minutes. Diallo needs to be limited to 12 minutes. The more time he is on the floor beyond that, the more likely UK loses. Get Gabriel 15-20 minutes and Jones his 5 minutes. That is your rotation the rest of the way.

Knox missed shots he normally would have hit. Washington and Vanderbilt in foul trouble most of the game messed with the lineup that’s been the most productive.

 

I was disappointed with the defensive breakdowns in the first half.

When there was a chance to continue the run I am certain Diallo went like 0-4. He was not the got I thought that should be taking the shots.

Knox missed shots he normally would have hit. Washington and Vanderbilt in foul trouble most of the game messed with the lineup that’s been the most productive.

 

I was disappointed with the defensive breakdowns in the first half.

When there was a chance to continue the run I am certain Diallo went like 0-4. He was not the got I thought that should be taking the shots.

 

:thumb:

 

All very good points. Diallo is a detriment to the team when he is on the floor. He is playing his own game.

I disagree on Gabriel. I like the energy he brings. But you are on target that Cal needs to cut down the minutes and rotation. His best five who need the most minutes are SGA, Green, Vanderbilt, Knox and Washington. Those five need at least 25 minutes+, and the goal should be more like 30+. I am ok starting Richards, but he gets no more than 15 minutes. Diallo needs to be limited to 12 minutes. The more time he is on the floor beyond that, the more likely UK loses. Get Gabriel 15-20 minutes and Jones his 5 minutes. That is your rotation the rest of the way.

 

I think that is exactly what Cal is trying to do but when Vanderbilt and Washington pick up 2 early first half fouls that blows his rotation up and he has to play the others more minutes. As for Gabriel I agree he gives you hustle but the only thing he is really good for offensively is an occassional 3. He has no offensive moves off the dribble and never gets to the foul line. That may be a good thing since he only shoots them at 56%. On defense he is always susceptible to the ball fake and either fouls the opponent or gets beat to the basket. I would love to see a stat on how many times he has cost another defender a foul trying to help out after Gabriel got beat.

:thumb:

 

All very good points. Diallo is a detriment to the team when he is on the floor. He is playing his own game.

 

Imo Diallo has played himself right out of the 1st round and maybe the draft altogether.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.