Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd County vs Ashland predictions

Featured Replies

The Rusell fans aren't ever going to get over that are they?:lol:

 

We won't get over it until next year's revenge game. And if it's a monsoon at the "Hank" at kickoff, the game will be played regardless. :fight:

  • Replies 180
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who decides if the game will be postponed or not?

We won't get over it until next year's revenge game. And if it's a monsoon at the "Hank" at kickoff, the game will be played regardless. :fight:

 

Be sure and keep that quote tucked away devil78...it may come in handy for you again next year as well...:lol:

 

Now, if my Russell brethren will allow us to stay on focus for THIS thread...Ashland vs Boyd Co...

 

As several posters have already mentioned, this used to be THE game for each of these respective programs. It simply didn’t get much bigger for the district to have the season finale between the Tomcats and Lions (many times with district championships on the line). Although I believe Russell has replaced the County for this annual rivalry, “back in the day” Russell was simply a tune-up game as the Devils served merely a Tomcat whipping post. With BC riding a 2 game win streak though, the life support devices have been momentarily shelved and spirits are, as expected, high for the Lions.

 

This could be a dangerous game for the Cats particularly coming off a stinging defeat last weekend. Other than the obvious excitement associated with this rivalry game, I am anxious to see how Ashland rebounds from their last outing…this will be a true test of not just football fundamentals, but overall character of the team. How much grit, backbone and pride will this Ashland team exhibit? I hope these Cats are hungry and come out with an attitude of something to prove. There is a whole lot of football yet to be played, and I would be hard pressed to find a better place to start than smashing a BC Lion right in the chops.

 

Boyd hangs tough early, but too much Tomcat for them to handle 4 quarters. Ashland wins, pulling away late in the contest. Don’t forget, its Senior Night too….not too often we have a class of 24 senior players.

Who decides if the game will be postponed or not?

 

The AD, Mark Swift. Although, I don't think they will need that "postponment" edge to defeat the Lions this year.

The AD, Mark Swift. Although, I don't think they will need that "postponment" edge to defeat the Lions this year.

 

Lets stay on topic, devil78...but if you insist on speculation, at least acknowledge this decision is typically an "agreement" between BOTH AD's...as was the case back when we handed the devils a loss.

Lets stay on topic, devil78...but if you insist on speculation, at least acknowledge this decision is typically an "agreement" between BOTH AD's...as was the case back when we handed the devils a loss.

 

I didn't mean to get this thread off topic. But yes, he did consult with Sparks to get the game changed. I guess Sparks could've said no, but he must have chosen to go along with it as a professional courtesy. I didn't like the decision then, and I still don't now. :irked:

Now that is a good combination. :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: The best combination.:banana:

The AD, Mark Swift. Although, I don't think they will need that "postponment" edge to defeat the Lions this year.

I don't mean to get off topic or hi jack this thread any more. I just had to comment that imo Ashland didn't need a "postponment" advantge in the Russell game this year. They were bettrer prepared and wanted it more, plain and simple. I apologize for my part in the off topic stuff and I will leave it now with ....................Go Tomcats......Beat Boyd Co.:thumb:

I don't mean to get off topic or hi jack this thread any more. I just had to comment that imo Ashland didn't need a "postponment" advantge in the Russell game this year. They were bettrer prepared and wanted it more, plain and simple. I apologize for my part in the off topic stuff and I will leave it now with ....................Go Tomcats......Beat Boyd Co.:thumb:

 

I agree, Ashland did want the game more than Russell. But I think they did benefit from a dryer field and ball.:thumb:

What happened to those good old days it was kinda like the post office, rain snow or sleet nothing stopped a football game. People just took blankets and lots of hot chocolate and went for it.

What happened to those good old days it was kinda like the post office, rain snow or sleet nothing stopped a football game. People just took blankets and lots of hot chocolate and went for it.

 

You're preaching to the choir, brother.:ylsuper:

You're preaching to the choir, brother.:ylsuper:

 

 

Watch out - I think they're going to take up an offering now. :D

What happened to those good old days it was kinda like the post office, rain snow or sleet nothing stopped a football game. People just took blankets and lots of hot chocolate and went for it.

 

Since rain is forecasted as imminent for this Friday’s game, BCR, it looks like we will be experiencing those “good old days” and going for it. Personally, I dislike the notion of rescheduling a game purely based on weather but gate/concession revenue is seriously impacted by rainy weather. A good example was this years Kiwanis Bowl. Normally, there would have been over 1000 fans in the stands but due to the monsoon like conditions, I heard there were only about 300 die hard spectators (who were undoubtedly player’s parents and relatives). I drove to the stadium that night with intentions of going but opted out when I had to put the car wipers on Noah speed while enroute.

 

There will never be 100% consensus on this dilemma but I’m not convinced it really hurts postponing a game IF it means more people will be able to witness the contest. Given the choice, would you rather watch or play a game in dry conditions or pouring rain?

Watch out - I think they're going to take up an offering now. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Can the congregation hear us brother Graybeard. Heeeeaal!!:lol:

 

There will never be 100% consensus on this dilemma but I’m not convinced it really hurts postponing a game IF it means more people will be able to witness the contest. Given the choice, would you rather watch or play a game in dry conditions or pouring rain?

:thumb: Exactly and both AD's agreed on it from what I understand.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.