Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 82 Duke 78

Featured Replies

Grayson Allen kills Duke. Duke never has depth. Depth isn’t the issue.

 

I only saw the last four minutes of last night's game. How is he killing Duke? Ball die in his hands? Forcing things to much?

Personally I loathe Duke and Allen, but I didn’t see where he KILLED them last night. He was covered like a blanket, had a turnover there at the end but I thought he played a good game, no he didn’t score 25 points but you can’t blame last night on him.

I watched the second halves of Duke's losses to St Johns and now UNC (maybe I should watch them more). In both games Grayson Allen was non existant on offense, But the most glaring to me was defensive rebounding by Duke. St Johns was on fire I know, but even then their basketball IQ was terrible and Duke should've won easily enough. But St Johns had how many second and third chances as was the case last night. Rebounding comes down to being aggressive and hustle. Two second halves for me and I saw little desire to actually get a contested rebound. Am I wrong?

I watched St. John's and UNC games too. I felt Duke wasn't giving enough effort on the glass as well. Also...Grayson Allen is having some issues.

I think the biggest story is that UNC only turned it over twice. Hard to beat any good team when they protect the ball like that.

  • Author
I only saw the last four minutes of last night's game. How is he killing Duke? Ball die in his hands? Forcing things to much?

 

He’s nonexistent. He should be the leader of the team. The steady hand. In all of the Duke losses he hasn’t scored the ball like he should be doing. He’s not pulling his weight. Period.

  • Author
Personally I loathe Duke and Allen, but I didn’t see where he KILLED them last night. He was covered like a blanket, had a turnover there at the end but I thought he played a good game, no he didn’t score 25 points but you can’t blame last night on him.

 

So the whole team does what they normally do and Grayson doesn’t and Grayson gets a pass? Got it.

  • Author
I watched the second halves of Duke's losses to St Johns and now UNC (maybe I should watch them more). In both games Grayson Allen was non existant on offense, But the most glaring to me was defensive rebounding by Duke. St Johns was on fire I know, but even then their basketball IQ was terrible and Duke should've won easily enough. But St Johns had how many second and third chances as was the case last night. Rebounding comes down to being aggressive and hustle. Two second halves for me and I saw little desire to actually get a contested rebound. Am I wrong?

 

Nope. You see what I see.

I think the biggest story is that UNC only turned it over twice. Hard to beat any good team when they protect the ball like that.

 

Man, that's impressive.

Was hoping nobody would start this thread. Didn't wanna remember this steaming pile of Randy Parker..

Was hoping nobody would start this thread. Didn't wanna remember this steaming pile of Randy Parker..

 

 

peeing-out-window.gif

It was a good day. On the other hand, it was a bad day.

 

Cat was rooting for a scoreless tie in this one...lol

Grayson Allen kills Duke. Duke never has depth. Depth isn’t the issue.

 

I find it interesting that often Duke does not have depth. How can a Coach K team consistently not have more depth?

I find it interesting that often Duke does not have depth. How can a Coach K team consistently not have more depth?

 

He just rolls the balls out and doesn’t coach them. :rolleyes:

  • Author
I find it interesting that often Duke does not have depth. How can a Coach K team consistently not have more depth?

 

Last I saw there aren’t many teams that play more than 7 players consistently. Bolden has been hurt and so has Javin DeLaurier. Bolden came back the last game and it looks like Javin played 1 minute in this game. Alex Collins is coming along and Jack White has gotten sporadic minutes. Either way, the starting five at Duke is going to play 34+ minutes easy pretty much every game. That isn’t a new development under Coach K at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.