Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jaguars 45 Steelers 42

Featured Replies

I will defend my man TheDeuce on this one. I pushed him to the Bengals trash talk with my #karma posts. TheDeuce was just defending his team and I posted at a raw moment.

 

I like a lot of Steelers fans on here including TheDeuce - but I do not like the Steelers at all. And it isn't because they are the Bengals nemesis. I am a big UK fan, but I root for UL also, and respect Duke. The Steelers are different for me. I think they are punks and that they get away with bullcrap because they win. That is why I dislike them so much.

 

I’m glad you have a grasp on perspective. All in good fun. :thumb:

  • Replies 78
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy for @GrizzlyAdams!

 

Love the Jags twitter post in regards to Mike Mitchell's comments.

 

They did have some clever ones.

Good Luck vs Belicheck and Brady as well as the 5 degree temps and the rest of the best in the AFC

 

Going to be near 50 on Sunday per the Weather Channel.

Big Ben can still sling it 400 plus yards 5 tds.

 

It took you almost 16 hours to come up with this post? So what did that get him that you should be so happy about? I'm just wondering how much longer it will take for you to change your avatar to this download.png

What exactly are the getting away with and are you suggesting the NFL lets them?

 

I'll answer this one. Two things come to mind and I don't know if it's because they get preferential treatment or that they are that good at disguising it but they get away with a lot of offensive holding by the linemen. Big Ben never gets hit because D linemen are being strangled constantly when they try to get to him. Now maybe other line coaches should teach the style that Pittsburgh uses but it seems to work and they don't get the holding calls. The other is that no matter who I watch Pittsburgh play it seems as though they get away with a lot of cheap shots on defenseless players after the whistle. They may not be helmet to helmet but they are late and #23 is the king of the late hit.

I'll answer this one. Two things come to mind and I don't know if it's because they get preferential treatment or that they are that good at disguising it but they get away with a lot of offensive holding by the linemen. Big Ben never gets hit because D linemen are being strangled constantly when they try to get to him. Now maybe other line coaches should teach the style that Pittsburgh uses but it seems to work and they don't get the holding calls. The other is that no matter who I watch Pittsburgh play it seems as though they get away with a lot of cheap shots on defenseless players after the whistle. They may not be helmet to helmet but they are late and #23 is the king of the late hit.

Every team gets away with holding. You can find holding on almost every play. As far as the cheap shots, really?

It took you almost 16 hours to come up with this post? So what did that get him that you should be so happy about? I'm just wondering how much longer it will take for you to change your avatar to this [ATTACH=CONFIG]65247[/ATTACH]
I'm still trying to figure out when he became a Steelers fan.
Every team gets away with holding. You can find holding on almost every play. As far as the cheap shots, really?

 

Yes really!

First time commenting and I have not read through the thread. I am surprised at how the game unfolded, but not shocked the Jags won. Each week of the season I asked myself how Pittsburgh was barely holding on against inferior competition and I never felt they were as good as the record reflected.

 

My general observation: Tomlin seems to be a player's coach and there is always something dramatic going on in the locker room because he gives the players too much latitude.... A watered down version of the Seattle Seahawks. Last week alone we have La'Veon talking about his contract and reports of Big Ben and Toddy Haley (among his other off-field issues) not even being on speaking terms.

Saw something that minority owners of the Steelers are (or are going to) lobbying Art Rooney to fire Tomlin.

Saw something that minority owners of the Steelers are (or are going to) lobbying Art Rooney to fire Tomlin.

 

They want to improve on a pretty darn good year but the Bengals owners are satisfied with how things sit. That's the difference between a really good organization and a mediocre one.

What exactly are the getting away with and are you suggesting the NFL lets them?

 

We will start with Pouncey throwing a ref 10 yards and doesn't even get a penalty. Them having a coach that goes into another teams huddle that by rule should be a penalty but wasn't penalized and led to the other team doing something to get a penalty by bumping into a ref. To steeler players making a death threat to another teams player on Twitter and literally nothing gets made of that. To a steeler player Joey Porter jumping another teams player outside of football and nothing really gets made of it. To Steelers having a lot of dirty hits that somehow don't get called during a game and just get labeled as hard nosed. Hits that lead to injuries. To steeler coaches pulling an opposing teams players hair and then that fine gets taken away. To steeler players reinacting a hit that hurt a player when doing a td celebration.

 

I will say stuff like that just to name a few. Yet the Steelers get labeled as a hard nose, blue collared, disciplined, physical football team. While other teams get the rep of dirty, undisciplined team.

 

Imo there is only one big difference between the Steelers and Bengals. Both teams have coaches who are horrible game managers, horrible with time management. Both coaches imo have undisciplined football teams and that shows by the Steelers antics. The biggest difference is the Steelers have a hall of fame qb, who plays a big role in them winning. While the Bengals have a qb who is average at best if that. So since the Steelers win they don't get that same bad rep the Bengals have. Plus the Steelers being a storied nfl franchise makes people overlook that stuff more than a franchise that never won a super bowl and can't win playoff games.

Rookie Keelan Cole out of Kentucky Wesleyan has played a big part in the Jags success this year. His catch at the 3 was HUGE!

Rookie Keelan Cole out of Kentucky Wesleyan has played a big part in the Jags success this year. His catch at the 3 was HUGE!

 

That's what I said in the prediction thread. KY boy getting it done.

We will start with Pouncey throwing a ref 10 yards and doesn't even get a penalty. Them having a coach that goes into another teams huddle that by rule should be a penalty but wasn't penalized and led to the other team doing something to get a penalty by bumping into a ref. To steeler players making a death threat to another teams player on Twitter and literally nothing gets made of that. To a steeler player Joey Porter jumping another teams player outside of football and nothing really gets made of it. To Steelers having a lot of dirty hits that somehow don't get called during a game and just get labeled as hard nosed. Hits that lead to injuries. To steeler coaches pulling an opposing teams players hair and then that fine gets taken away. To steeler players reinacting a hit that hurt a player when doing a td celebration.

 

I will say stuff like that just to name a few. Yet the Steelers get labeled as a hard nose, blue collared, disciplined, physical football team. While other teams get the rep of dirty, undisciplined team.

 

Imo there is only one big difference between the Steelers and Bengals. Both teams have coaches who are horrible game managers, horrible with time management. Both coaches imo have undisciplined football teams and that shows by the Steelers antics. The biggest difference is the Steelers have a hall of fame qb, who plays a big role in them winning. While the Bengals have a qb who is average at best if that. So since the Steelers win they don't get that same bad rep the Bengals have. Plus the Steelers being a storied nfl franchise makes people overlook that stuff more than a franchise that never won a super bowl and can't win playoff games.

Pouncey didn't throw a Ref and he sure as hell didn't throw 10 yards. The rest comes off as nothing more than you :cry:. You hate the Steelers, I get it but to try and use any of these as proof that the Steelers get away with any more or less than any other team is comical.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.