Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 74 Texas A&M 73

Featured Replies

If you say so.

 

Same to you.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think SGA and Washington both have improved. What is troubling is that Knox and Dialo have both seemed to regress and that is making the whole look worse. If Knox and Dialo can figure it out I think this team is fine.
@NKYknowitall what was the dislike for on this post?
Teams with the kind of weaknesses you're referring to are 6-9 or 8-7 right now. Teams that are 13-3 have weaknesses that can be corrected by March.

I think concern is they have not looked good even when winning in most of their games. Last night was probably the best team they've beaten. That's encouraging until you look at the fact that A&M just got back to full strength so probably still working out kinks and the fact they barely squeaked buy at home.

I think Cal needs to just scratch Man-to-Man completely. We've proven that we can't play it at all. We've had some success in the zone. Just keep working on that and honing it until we are pretty damn good at it.

Knox is a tweener. Maybe going more PF will help.

 

Ya don't say... :taz:

I think concern is they have not looked good even when winning in most of their games. Last night was probably the best team they've beaten. That's encouraging until you look at the fact that A&M just got back to full strength so probably still working out kinks and the fact they barely squeaked buy at home.

 

That's the thing UK beat them and UK wasn't at full strength with Green out. Technically UK hasn't been at full strength all year. Before injuries Vanderbilt and Baker would have been used and probably helped.

Teams with the kind of weaknesses you're referring to are 6-9 or 8-7 right now. Teams that are 13-3 have weaknesses that can be corrected by March.

 

Agreed. Has this team had a look of a deep tourney team at all this year, nope. Has this team still managed to be 13 and 3 with all this inexperience and never playing it's best, yes. It's not like this team lost to a Gardner Webb. This team is right where 3 of the past 4 UK teams were at during this point. Which is not playing it's best and not looking like a team that would do much in March. Yet each of those teams come end of February did look like teams who could make a run. Cal has shown he is pretty good at getting his team where it needs to be playing at by March. I'm perfectly fine with where they are currently.

That's the thing UK beat them and UK wasn't at full strength with Green out. Technically UK hasn't been at full strength all year. Before injuries Vanderbilt and Baker would have been used and probably helped.

But we haven't had Vanderbilt or Baker all year. The team that we've had all year doesn't seem to be improving. Yes Green was out last night but you really think having Green would have changed much? Look I'm not writing them off by any means. I trust Cal will get it fixed but if you intention here is to argue that they are improving or they're 13-3 so all is well, then I can save you the typing.

But we haven't had Vanderbilt or Baker all year. The team that we've had all year doesn't seem to be improving. Yes Green was out last night but you really think having Green would have changed much? Look I'm not writing them off by any means. I trust Cal will get it fixed but if you intention here is to argue that they are improving or they're 13-3 so all is well, then I can save you the typing.

 

I do think having Green would have helped them last night. SGA's legs were shot towards the end of the game. And we had another player capable of hitting down a deeper shot.

 

Wouldn't haven't helped their defensive troubles.

Should I quote my source next time? lol.

 

:lol2:

@NKYknowitall what was the dislike for on this post?

 

Not sure... don’t remember hitting that, so it may have been an accident.

Agreed. Has this team had a look of a deep tourney team at all this year, nope. Has this team still managed to be 13 and 3 with all this inexperience and never playing it's best, yes. It's not like this team lost to a Gardner Webb. This team is right where 3 of the past 4 UK teams were at during this point. Which is not playing it's best and not looking like a team that would do much in March. Yet each of those teams come end of February did look like teams who could make a run. Cal has shown he is pretty good at getting his team where it needs to be playing at by March. I'm perfectly fine with where they are currently.

Agree. When this group came in we thought that Vanderbilt and Baker would be playing also. IMO They both could really contribute to the team.

 

I don't understand why posters dought our success in the NCAA tourney. Do I believe they are a final 4 team, as the poster posted above. Cal seems to have them ready come tourney time. So I am not worried at this point like some of you are. I am just enjoying the journey , bumps, and all, that this team will take us on. Go Big Blue.

I don't think UK is very good, but this was a really good win considering the circumstances. A&M was hungry for a win and at full strength.

But we haven't had Vanderbilt or Baker all year. The team that we've had all year doesn't seem to be improving. Yes Green was out last night but you really think having Green would have changed much? Look I'm not writing them off by any means. I trust Cal will get it fixed but if you intention here is to argue that they are improving or they're 13-3 so all is well, then I can save you the typing.

 

Never once said they were improving. I'm pointing out since Cal has been here a lot of his teams actually seem to regress at this time of the year and typically don't look great. The 2010, 2012, and 2015 teams were the only ones who really didn't go through that. All the other years their play looked worse once conference play hit, which didn't make it look like they were improving at that time either.

 

2011 through January early Feb. People were saying these same things. Same in 2014, 2016 and even last year with fox and monk. UK lost 3 out of 4 end of january including 2 of those losses coming by 22 and 16. People said this team isn't improving. Looks like a first weekend only team.

 

I'm just pointing out all these same stuff seem to be said each year during this time. People over react and act like the team now will be the same team come March. Under cal though he does have all his teams besides 2013 playing it's best come March and look like threats to make a run. This team has shown me enough flashes to make me believe this team will also be at its best come march.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.