Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 74 Texas A&M 73

Featured Replies

I believe this was the first time A&M was at full strength in a while, so it's a pretty solid win, but man did Kentucky look average. I just don't see improvement from this group like you typically do young teams. Outside of SGA and I guess Washington to an extent, they seem to be the same team they were in November. That's concerning.

 

Agree. And if it doesn't change(and I'm not sure that it will), they will be two and done come the Big Dance.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a win against a good team, but I’m on board with several other posters who seem to think something’s just not right with this team. They have talent and athleticism but I suppose their youth and inexperience is the problem.

 

It’s good to hear that Vanderbilt is practicing with the team and looking good according to Cal. They’re going to need him if they are going to go very far. He won’t give them anymore “experience” than they already have but he will give them another body and size, one that looked pretty darn good in the All Star games last spring. Cal doesn’t always come right out and give details but he implied that the ankle was healed and all that was needed at this point is mental part of Vanderbilt feeling he’s ready to play.

It’s a win against a good team, but I’m on board with several other posters who seem to think something’s just not right with this team. They have talent and athleticism but I suppose their youth and inexperience is the problem.

 

Oh there is plenty wrong with this team. We don't get anything out of our starting Center. We don't have a true shooting guard. We can't defend in man to man at all.

 

Combine that with you and inexperience and here we are. They still have potential but Vanderbilt has to come back and be pretty solid and a whole lot needs to click exactly right for the Cats to be playing the Final Weekend this season.

I believe this was the first time A&M was at full strength in a while, so it's a pretty solid win, but man did Kentucky look average. I just don't see improvement from this group like you typically do young teams. Outside of SGA and I guess Washington to an extent, they seem to be the same team they were in November. That's concerning.

 

That has happened more times than not under cal. I don't know why people act like they play better after camp cal. They usually take a step back in how good they look the first month of conference play and typically struggle a lot before finally figuring it out and looking better.

Oh there is plenty wrong with this team. We don't get anything out of our starting Center. We don't have a true shooting guard. We can't defend in man to man at all.

 

Combine that with you and inexperience and here we are. They still have potential but Vanderbilt has to come back and be pretty solid and a whole lot needs to click exactly right for the Cats to be playing the Final Weekend this season.

 

Diallo is a true shooting guard isn't he?

Agree. And if it doesn't change(and I'm not sure that it will), they will be two and done come the Big Dance.

 

New Year same comments we seen 3 out of the past 4 years at this point of the year from people.

The biggest concern I see for UK fans is defense. Cal's key to success at UK has been getting his teams to play good defense. Perhaps they played all that zone because of the short roster last night but if they keep playing zone like that and don't get better in their man defense, it will be a short tournament for the Wildcats.

Diallo is a true shooting guard isn't he?

 

When I say true shooting guard, I mean a guy that can shoot the rock at a decent clip (e.g. Booker, Lamb, Delk and etc.). Diallo is a athlete that plays in the 2 guard spot.

We live in a world now where 13-3 is disappointing and proves that something is wrong.

We live in a world now where 13-3 is disappointing and proves that something is wrong.

 

Nope, just reality. This team has a lot of glaring weaknesses that I don't see on quite a few other teams right now. Could they get it worked out? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Every team has weaknesses. 13-3

Every team has weaknesses. 13-3

 

Absolutely. However, quite a few simply don't have as many or as glaring of ones as this team does.

Absolutely. However, quite a few simply don't have as many or as glaring of ones as this team does.

 

Teams with the kind of weaknesses you're referring to are 6-9 or 8-7 right now. Teams that are 13-3 have weaknesses that can be corrected by March.

We live in a world now where 13-3 is disappointing and proves that something is wrong.

 

Not disappointing. Just uninspiring.

Teams with the kind of weaknesses you're referring to are 6-9 or 8-7 right now. Teams that are 13-3 have weaknesses that can be corrected by March.

 

If you say so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.