Joe Crawford

gametime

Well just to be blunt about it I think it has something to do with the area around and below his mid section and he wanted to keep it personal. Thats my guess as to why it is so hush hush.

Yea... I am scheduled for that type of surgery in March... March Madness tourney time that is .. ordered up by my wife... thank god for Freshlike Vegetables......:D

1st. Joe Crawford isn't a kid. He's a man, and he's playing for a free education provided by the fans. It's an injury report, not a check into a personal matter. That is, unless the injury is more than it seems...

I see your point, but just being on scholarship doesn't mean that he has to relinquish his right to privacy. HIPPA doesn't have exclusions for scholarship athletes. Even pro players miss games or practices for what is stated to be personal reasons, I see this situation as being no different.

I see your point, but just being on scholarship doesn't mean that he has to relinquish his right to privacy. HIPPA doesn't have exclusions for scholarship athletes. Even pro players miss games or practices for what is stated to be personal reasons, I see this situation as being no different.

Right. I heard minor leg surgery, and didn't see how that was personal...

Right. I heard minor leg surgery, and didn't see how that was personal...
Seriously.

There were conflicting reports on whether it was something that would impact sports (like a leg surgery) or something more... personal. I don't think you should have your throat jumped down over it.

What I meant was when Tubby and UK said it was a minor injury and that Joe wanted to keep it quiet I respected that. He may be a man getting a free-education at UK, but that DOES not mean we have the right to know everything about him. Sometimes there are reasons that we don't know things or are not priveyed to know, that is just the way it is. Somethings are private in nature regardless of what the injury was.

I thought I heard someone say something along the line of "it's good to see Joe jogging I have not seen him jog on it for a while."

This begs the question what was he or what has he be jogging on?

The Memorial Coliseum floor. All I've heard was minory surgery. For all we know he may have had an orchiopexy. :eek:

Well guys, for once I dont know about this one. If I had to guess I would have to go with the "area" since it was a personal surgery. They only way something with the leg or whatever would be personal would be if he did something stupid and hurt himself off the court and didnt want to be questioned about it.

As for respecting the privacy, I'm sure we are all respecting it since we arent walking up to him or someone in the program and asking what it was. We are speculating here on a board and sometimes word gets out to those in the area about what it is. I have been able to provide insight before, as has OR, LMB, and LABS. Thats what they were going for, its no reason to jump down someone's throat.

Ever consider they practice and work out in Memorial?

Tubby said "jogging on it". He wasn't referring to the floor at Memorial. That would make any since being that they were at Rupp. I am very aware of where UK practices, but madness was being held a Rupp.

I was, well, impressed that he was jogging on, nevermind. :D