Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dick Enberg Dies At 82

Featured Replies

Legendary announcer Dick Enberg, whose amazing sportscasting career spanned six decades, died Thursday at the age of 82. He did play-by-play for college basketball, college and professional football and Major League Baseball. He also called other sporting events such as boxing, tennis, golf, horse racing and the Olympics.

 

Enberg retired from his TV job with the San Diego Padres in October 2016.

 

Sportscaster Dick Enberg, Whose Career Spanned 60 Years, Dies At 82

My all-time favorite PBP guy. I always got a special cold chill down the back of my neck whenever I heard him say, "Oh my!"

He was a rare talent.

If I’m not mistaken he teamed up a lot with Al McGuire for NCAA basketball on NBC. He was very good at his trade.

The man sure did it all, and knew his way around just about any sport. Definitely one of the more memorable, iconic, and irreplaceable voices in sports from my childhood.

 

While sports memories are still being made today, I don't know that anything can top the magic of legends like Dick Enberg, and some of the others from his era.

One of the greatest, without question. Back in the day, when NBC had the Saturday Game of the Week, he was THE voice of college basketball. I'll always remember him most for that.

I always liked Dick Enberg...just really good at what he did. I have played golf many times at a course called Stonecreek in Phoenix, AZ. On all of the par 3's they have engraved in the concrete cart paths the names of all the golfers that have had holes in ones on that hole and the date. On #12, one of the names I will always remember is Dick Enberg...not many Dick Enbergs out there so I always assumed it was THE Dick Enberg...

If I’m not mistaken he teamed up a lot with Al McGuire for NCAA basketball on NBC. He was very good at his trade.

 

Dick, Billy and Al.

My favorite sports show was a game show by the name of "Sports Challenge." Dick hosted. Anyone remember it? Here Len Dawson, Otis Taylor, and Willie Lanier of the Chiefs go up against the '71 Dolphins represented by Jim Kiick, Larry Czonka, and Paul Warfield. I hardly ever missed this show.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.