Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GRC hyped up too much too soon

Featured Replies

I think many people on here hyped up GRC, including myself. I thought that GRC would be miles ahead of the tenth region but they beat Pendleton by 4, Scott by 2, and lost to Campbell by 8 at home. I think Pendleton, GRC, Scott, Campbell, Mason, and Paris all have a chance to win the 10th right now.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.CC

2.GRC

3.Paris

4.Scott

5.Mason

Then everyone else is out of the hunt at this point.

I thought GRC would pretty well dominate the 10th this year. They're certainly a top team in the region, but there are a lot more contenders than I thought.

The bashing continues. Some won't even list Pendleton County among the top teams in the 10th. :no:

The GRC hype is real and said CC and Scott both would be right there in top 3 with each having 3 starters(or saw significant minutes)back this year. Paris is the one didn't see coming to challenge MaCo and PC for those top 5 votes throughout the season.

It's still early. I wouldn't give too much bulletin board material before February if I could help it.

The bashing continues. Some won't even list Pendleton County among the top teams in the 10th. :no:

 

We need an axe grinding emoji.

It's still early. I wouldn't give too much bulletin board material before February if I could help it.

 

This. While Clark has underachieved in the eyes of many over here in the 10th, I believe it to be primarily an issue of figuring out how to blend in the new talent.

 

Or maybe there are several teams that are a little better than we thought.

Yawn.....................

 

 

It's week 2.

Yawn.....................

 

 

It's week 2.

This......:thumb:

quoting Aaron Rodgers

"R-E-L-A-X"

This. While Clark has underachieved in the eyes of many over here in the 10th, I believe it to be primarily an issue of figuring out how to blend in the new talent.

 

Or maybe there are several teams that are a little better than we thought.

 

I’ve seen this thrown around on other threads on GRC. With the talent they had coming back and talent from other schools had transferring over. Some times it’s hard to find enough basketballs for all the talent to get theirs.

 

Someone posted on another thread you can have too many weapons and while it sound ludicrous it is a possibility. Most would say that it’s a nice problem to have, but I would think it has to be a concern early. Especially when these kids have outside influences (parents, relatives, friends, AAU coaches, etc.) telling them they need to score more or putting false reality in their heads.

 

No doubt GRC is the most talented team in the 10th. But they very well may not be the best team in the 10th. Now I’m not saying they won’t be there in the end but rt now they are playing mediocre basketball and are not the “head and shoulders above” team in the 10th. On paper they are 10-15 points better than the next best team. But we all know we don’t get the on paper stats night in and night out.

 

And this is a stat driven game on the individual level and if a kid feels slighted or not getting theirs then they may start to force the issue and take bad shots or not make an extra pass. If all the kids start getting this mentality it will be a far worse problem down the road.

 

I hope this isn’t the case but right now they are 3-2 will a blowout win over NC. The other 2 wins are by 6 points total (Scott by 2 and PC by 4) Their two losses are to Madison Central (21 pt blowout) and Campbell by 8.

 

Just not as dominant as most expected so yeah I think all the hype in the preseason was premature.

I still think they'll be the last team standing in the 10th when all is said and done.

 

Foul trouble (hard to understand with all the bodies they have, but that's what's been reported) and turnovers seem to be problematic at this early point in the season.

I’ve seen this thrown around on other threads on GRC. With the talent they had coming back and talent from other schools had transferring over. Some times it’s hard to find enough basketballs for all the talent to get theirs.

 

Someone posted on another thread you can have too many weapons and while it sound ludicrous it is a possibility. Most would say that it’s a nice problem to have, but I would think it has to be a concern early. Especially when these kids have outside influences (parents, relatives, friends, AAU coaches, etc.) telling them they need to score more or putting false reality in their heads.

 

No doubt GRC is the most talented team in the 10th. But they very well may not be the best team in the 10th. Now I’m not saying they won’t be there in the end but rt now they are playing mediocre basketball and are not the “head and shoulders above” team in the 10th. On paper they are 10-15 points better than the next best team. But we all know we don’t get the on paper stats night in and night out.

 

And this is a stat driven game on the individual level and if a kid feels slighted or not getting theirs then they may start to force the issue and take bad shots or not make an extra pass. If all the kids start getting this mentality it will be a far worse problem down the road.

 

I hope this isn’t the case but right now they are 3-2 will a blowout win over NC. The other 2 wins are by 6 points total (Scott by 2 and PC by 4) Their two losses are to Madison Central (21 pt blowout) and Campbell by 8.

 

Just not as dominant as most expected so yeah I think all the hype in the preseason was premature.

 

It is a weird problem but make no mistake it is a problem and not a good one to have. The world of AAU and limited scholarships for our KY kids makes this a huge issue. I've seen it too many times. For high school teams you have to have defined roles and kids have to be able to accept those roles in order for the team to function well. The problem for high school coaches is that parents, AAU Coaches, etc will have their own agenda for the kid. It takes a very strong high school coach to navigate this. In the end, one of those scorers are gonna have to accept a lesser role and do some of the small things that it takes to win games. Talent is there but time will tell. And this is not just isolated to GRC

It is a weird problem but make no mistake it is a problem and not a good one to have. The world of AAU and limited scholarships for our KY kids makes this a huge issue. I've seen it too many times. For high school teams you have to have defined roles and kids have to be able to accept those roles in order for the team to function well. The problem for high school coaches is that parents, AAU Coaches, etc will have their own agenda for the kid. It takes a very strong high school coach to navigate this. In the end, one of those scorers are gonna have to accept a lesser role and do some of the small things that it takes to win games. Talent is there but time will tell. And this is not just isolated to GRC

 

I agree good post.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.