Attendance, is it up or down from last year in Bowling Green and why?

The Trinity/St. X regular season game drew over 24,000 this year. They typically do not need the rest of the state to care about the game. They will draw well anytime they play each other, anywhere. The fact that the game is a half hour closer to Louisville won't hurt, either.

The last time they played for the state championship, 2009 in Bowling Green, 9000+ attended. If this game doesn't draw at least 10,000, I will be very surprised.

I was not sure they would drive all the way to Lexington for the game. It is my impression that many don’t go that far for a game. The record for a state championship game is over 26,000, but that was when they played each other in Papa John in 2003.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, all this. Once UK went to turf it was ineveitable the finals would move there. I would be very surprised if they ever went back to WKU.

Or anywhere else again to be honest. Though I believe if UL had not had the temporary conflict in scheduling, it would have not left Papa John's except for Lexington.

I also wonder how much the KHSAA makes through that $9.99 package for broadcasting the games online?

Probably a decent amount, a lot of casual fans who wouldn't make the drive but want to watch all the gameds will spring for it. Less than a movie and more hours of entertainment, better yet pants are optional. :lol:

Or anywhere else again to be honest. Though I believe if UL had not had the temporary conflict in scheduling, it would have not left Papa John's except for Lexington.

I could see UofL and UK trading off once UL’s construction is done.

I'm a Louisville person and I like the idea of Lexington being the home for years to come; makes the most sense for the Commonwealth.

As for tomorrow's game, with the perfect weather I would think a pretty good number of folks for around the Lexington area would go. T/X will give you your money's worth, no doubt. That should REALLY be fun to watch (certainly better for the Lexington folks than the game that was there last Saturday :sssh:)

For my non-scientific reasoning: If you want the highest attendance at the State Finals, and you want the biggest show and for the Finals to be a big event; the finals have to be in Lexington. It has nothing to do with geography, it has everything to do with the University of Kentucky.

I hate to disagree, for myself it had everything to do with geography, went to the 1A game yesterday only because it was in Lexington, would not have made the trip to Bowling Green. I would have made the trip if the game would have been held at Georgetown....being UK had absolutely no bearing on my decision to attend

I hate to disagree, for myself it had everything to do with geography, went to the 1A game yesterday only because it was in Lexington, would not have made the trip to Bowling Green. I would have made the trip if the game would have been held at Georgetown....being UK had absolutely no bearing on my decision to attend

You fall into my more scientific reasoning that I posted in my first post in this thread. lol

You fall into my more scientific reasoning that I posted in my first post in this thread. lol

OK, you are making way to much sense! By the way, who ever teaches form tackling for Raceland should make an instructional video, they would make a fortune. As I said in the State Championship post, they are by far the best tacking team I have seen in ages. BW only broke one tackle during the game that I can recall. Going to have to travel down the AA to see a home Rams game next year, your team made a fan out of me.