Highlands vs. Grant County - Predictions

jbwill2

Hopefully the Birds are taking Grant Co a little more seriously than some of the posters. Granted, all things being equal, the Birds should win this game easily. Then again we've all seen (and some of us unfortunately participated in) games that one team should have won in lopsided manner, only to see the favorite underestimate the underdog and have the underdog pull out the win.

While last year's game was pretty one sided, I have to tell you that I was totally impressed with the enthusiasm of the Grant Co players. They played hard and they hit hard. Birds need to bring their A game and get up quickly on Grant. Don't want to give Grant the believe that they can hang with the Birds. Good luck to both teams. Except when they are playing the Birds, I love to cheer for team like Grant and Scott.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the Birds are taking Grant Co a little more seriously than some of the posters. Granted, all things being equal, the Birds should win this game easily. Then again we've all seen (and some of us unfortunately participated in) games that one team should have won in lopsided manner, only to see the favorite underestimate the underdog and have the underdog pull out the win.

While last year's game was pretty one sided, I have to tell you that I was totally impressed with the enthusiasm of the Grant Co players. They played hard and they hit hard. Birds need to bring their A game and get up quickly on Grant. Don't want to give Grant the believe that they can hang with the Birds. Good luck to both teams. Except when they are playing the Birds, I love to cheer for team like Grant and Scott.

I agree LN... the Grant boys were some nice kids it seemed while watching them on the sidelines last year... they would stick you. However, with the improved offensive line, I don't think anybody touches Kramer or Connor and they both score a few TD's and the clock runs forever in the 2nd half. 51-0 Final. This would be a good game to get Cecil some drop back pass attempts and allow him to read some coverages. If its a practice game ... let them practice.

I agree with LN on the crazy post and the scores. I think this game should be one sided. The concern is field condition( grass I think or mud ), weather and the tendency to be looking ahead. Grant can throw the ball from what I have read and this has been a weak spot in our attack.

Birds need to get ready and play a solid game on both sides of the ball and the above forementioned concerns will become a non-factor. Go BIRDS.

All due respect intended. But, nobody has played, as the favorite, in a game this one sided on paper in football and lost.

I liked what you said about Grant. But, sometimes games are just going to be lopsided. This is one of those times.