Iowa 55 Ohio State 24

GrantNKY

I just think he needs a better qb to run it and the system is fine.

He needs Cardale Jones 2.0. I think he's on the team now and wears #7. With Cardale OSU was forced to run the ball with Zeke and have Cardale make throws downfield. They couldn't rely on Cardale as a runner, but he was a good enough athlete to make plays with his feet when things break down. That guy is Dwayne Haskins.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem is they lost at home to OU and destroyed by Iowa. So who will they on their resume to top the fourth team?

They would need Bama to lose tonight and to Auburn, Need Georgia to win out. Also would need OU to lose to TCU and Washington to lose to Oregon. Miami to lose another game and then get beat by Clemson in ACC Title game. Then need TCU to lose again...that would put Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame and probably Ohio State coming off a win over Wisconsin in the final four.

They would need Bama to lose tonight and to Auburn, Need Georgia to win out. Also would need OU to lose to TCU and Washington to lose to Oregon. Miami to lose another game and then get beat by Clemson in ACC Title game. Then need TCU to lose again...that would put Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame and probably Ohio State coming off a win over Wisconsin in the final four.

Exactly. So zero chance.

...[ATTACH=CONFIG]64481[/ATTACH]

I'll never understand. It should've never happened again after 2015 MSU, but yet here we are asking the same question now as we were two years ago. I really don't know what to do. I get we are extremely spoiled as a fan base, but damn it's tough to keep watching this kind of stuff happen time and time again. I knew this game would be tough but I expected to grind out a 24-17 type victory and get the hell out of Iowa. This game is unacceptable and the team and coaches should be held to a much higher standard than even we are holding them too. How many big plays did Iowa have today where OSU screwed up? Every one of them. Just completely undisciplined in every aspect of the ball. But hey we had good kickoff coverage today...

No excuses ....Iowa was well prepared and they just came out ready to play and wanted it more. OSU, with everything the Bucks wanted being there for the taking, came out flat and never woke up. J.T. had probably the worst game of his career, I can't think of a game that I have seen him play worse. Barrett wasn't the only problem by any stretch ....no one came ready to play.

I think that there's still a possibility of getting in the BIG10 Title game w / wins over MSU, Illinois and Michigan but obviously the NC playoff out....and should be now.

No fair weather fan here ....Go Bucks !

This has been a really bad weekend for me as far as football goes. EKU, Marshall, Georgetown College, and Ohio State all lost. I guess the Buckeyes were pretenders. On the bright side, if I could have picked a team for the Buckeyes to lose to this year it would have been Iowa.

I'm not afraid to eat all of the crow I'm about to eat this week. Comes with the territory. Bring your best this week everybody.

Not trying to make you eat crow but in the update thread you said

“I mean you can look at my list. I didn't have JT at the top. I don't know if you are trying to say you could see into the future and see what happened today, but based on what we knew after last week JT was squarely in the top 5.”

JT Barrett! Heisman. I walked out of the Oklahoma game saying I didn't want to see JT play another game at OSU. I will eat as much crow as I need to because JT Barrett just flat balled out in the biggest game of his career.

Not trying to make you eat crow but in the update thread you said

“I mean you can look at my list. I didn't have JT at the top. I don't know if you are trying to say you could see into the future and see what happened today, but based on what we knew after last week JT was squarely in the top 5.”

Emotions were running high. You can literally look in this thread or the Heisman one I started last week and I see that I didn't have JT at the top of my list. And if for some reason you think JT shouldn't have been there after last week you're just a hater.

I feel like posts like this forget the context of a football game. As I stated earlier wirh the RPO set. If you want an outdated i formation OSU would lose more .

Your best players need to get the ball. Not every play has an RPO.

No excuses ....Iowa was well prepared and they just came out ready to play and wanted it more. OSU, with everything the Bucks wanted being there for the taking, came out flat and never woke up. J.T. had probably the worst game of his career, I can't think of a game that I have seen him play worse. Barrett wasn't the only problem by any stretch ....no one came ready to play.

I think that there's still a possibility of getting in the BIG10 Title game w / wins over MSU, Illinois and Michigan but obviously the NC playoff out....and should be now.

No fair weather fan here ....Go Bucks !

I don't know about you, but it's just plain dissapointing. Nobody came ready to play for sure on either side of the ball. Just win the Big 10. Go Bucks.