Iowa 55 Ohio State 24

GrantNKY

According to 538, right now. If OSU wins out (35% chance that they will) and wins the conference they have a 39% chance of making the playoffs. If Wisconsin wins out (26% chance that they will) and wins the conference they have a 98% chance of making the playoffs...as everything stands tonight.

OSU has a zero percent chance of making the playoffs.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This game made zero sense . I expected a low scoring slugfest. My question is if the Iowa QB is this good why doesn't Ferentz open it up more often. He looked like a pro today.
The kid looked like a stud today. I don't know why Iowa doesn't run that offense more often, but it completely shocked OSU and clearly weren't prepared for it. Stanley had to make throws and he made them time after time. They struggled to score points against everyone this year and today they choose to reinvent the wheel? Credit to them because OSU obviously had no answer. OSU scored 24 points today and while I would have been dissapointed before the game that our offense wouldn't put up more, I would have said if OSU scores 24 there is a 95% chance we win. Just complete shock.

:lol2: Ain't that the truth! But then again, they had to face Alabama. No way Kelly was ready to out coach Saban. Don't think he can now.

I will say the one thing that makes this ND different is the Offensive Line. They habe two guys that are going to get drafted in the 1st round and 1 or 2 others that may play on Sunday. This line is deep and powerful.

As an ND fan I still have nightmares about that Bama game. The OSU lost a couple years ago doesn't bug me , I expected to lose half the roster was out. We were playijg 4th string dbs.

Yes because I'm the only person that said JT was in the Heisman race. I'm just some crazy OSU homer. JT had every right to be in the Heisman race, I know it, you know it, the whole college football world knew it. He crapped his pants today. Plain and simple. He's done now. But with statements like I'm glad we can put it to rest now is acting as though he was there fradulently and he wasn't. Nothing he did before today was fraudulent. JT had taken huge steps forward. Today was a huge step backwards and reverted back to who he probably is.

Wow man. It's simple you seemed confused when he said the heisman talk could be put to rest. You then acted like you never really talked him up much for it. He said that's not what you all were saying last week. I simply pointed out that yes you did say it. Then Even basically said you probably only said it cause your emotions were still high after the game. You seriously are picking the wrong thing to get all defensive about.

According to 538, right now. If OSU wins out (35% chance that they will) and wins the conference they have a 39% chance of making the playoffs. If Wisconsin wins out (26% chance that they will) and wins the conference they have a 98% chance of making the playoffs...as everything stands tonight.

I just don't agree at all that a 2 loss OSU team has a 39% chance of going to the playoffs. This loss tonight was just a beat down. No way you can overcome this one. Bama, Georgia, ND, Clemson, Oklahoma...I just don't see how OSU can pass any of these teams...and I really like OSU...

The kid looked like a stud today. I don't know why Iowa doesn't run that offense more often, but it completely shocked OSU and clearly weren't prepared for it. Stanley had to make throws and he made them time after time. They struggled to score points against everyone this year and today they choose to reinvent the wheel? Credit to them because OSU obviously had no answer. OSU scored 24 points today and while I would have been dissapointed before the game that our offense wouldn't put up more, I would have said if OSU scores 24 there is a 95% chance we win. Just complete shock.

Heck I might even of said 100% chance.

I just don't agree at all that a 2 loss OSU team has a 39% chance of going to the playoffs. This loss tonight was just a beat down. No way you can overcome this one. Bama, Georgia, ND, Clemson, Oklahoma...I just don't see how OSU can pass any of these teams...and I really like OSU...

The odds take into account the chances of other teams losing.

JK Dobbins had 6 carries today. When things get out of hand, sometimes Meyer can’t fix it. The defense quit on the team today though.

I LOVE Urban Meyer but this really perplexes me. How does this happen? Zeke did not get the ball two years ago in a huge game (loss). Samuel did not get the ball last year in a huge game (loss). It is a disturbing trend.