Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers Fans....

Featured Replies

Great point by Prime Time. Ben is a QB that plays well with a lead. Not so much when they fall behind...

 

 

He does play well with the lead because they run the ball and handing it off isn't too hard.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only game the Steelaers won was with their back-up, Charlie Batch. And he played well. Ben may be having an off year or he's showing the real him. He was lucky last season to have 2 RB's that were hard to stop. Which opened up the passing game. And made Big Ben look good.

I think they should have left Charlie Batch in there for a few weeks until Big Ben is 100%. He looked decent in week 1 verses the Dolphins.

I agree. Why replace your backup when he has the offense cooking with a starter that is definitely not 100%.

The Steelers have been hurt by poor decision-making by Ben. That INT he threw last night in the 4th qtr was pitiful. Eat the ball and take your chance on the next play.

 

When he threw that I said to myself how dumb can he actually be? There wasnt a receiver anywhere near the area that he threw the ball too.

 

 

How pathetic was the steelers O line last night? They got physically whipped by the chargers D-line all night long.

Big Ben needs some weapons, its that simple.

 

Great QB make there players better, look at Brady.

As a Steeler fan I am very concerned. Big Ben has not played well this year at all, it has to be the off the field problems he has had. One Plax was never his go to guy, Plax (35 receptions for 698 yards and 5 touchdowns) & Ward (80 receptions for 1,004 yards and 5 touchdowns) and Randel El never got more than 43 receptions in a year. The running game has not been that bad, but I think Ben is not %100 back yet. The only way he will get back is to keep playing him, sooner or later the rust will come off...

 

:confused:

As a Steeler fan I am very concerned. Big Ben has not played well this year at all, it has to be the off the field problems he has had. One Plax was never his go to guy, Plax (35 receptions for 698 yards and 5 touchdowns) & Ward (80 receptions for 1,004 yards and 5 touchdowns) and Randel El never got more than 43 receptions in a year. The running game has not been that bad, but I think Ben is not %100 back yet. The only way he will get back is to keep playing him, sooner or later the rust will come off...

 

:confused:

Ben and Plax became close friends that year, and when Ben needed a big play he often went to Plax (31 of 35 catches for a 1st down for example). 20 yards a catch is a big play guy, and when you keep subtracting guys like that, the offense has problems. Whines is a posession guy, and if you can't stretch the field he is a lot less productive. Washington/Wilson/Holmes have the season on them right now if that O is going to get it fixed...

He is just simply not that good, especially when he has to put the ball in the air. He had the lowest QB rating in superbowl history. The only reason he was perceived as being a primetime QB was because all he had to do was hand the ball off 40 times a game and throw 15 against defenses that were stacking the box to stop the run. He is not a player that can lead his team to victory by using a powerful arial(sp) assault.

The Steelers are done, sad as it is to say. They pretty much would have to go 10-2 the rest of the way and with that brutal schedule they have............

I was fully prepared for a slow start. Overcoming the interruptions Ben had to deal with, combined with the WR/KR/PR issues, was going to be tough.

 

To suggest playing Batch is completely absurd. If Ben is healthy — and it is clear his issues, not unlike Carson's, are largely mental — he will get better throughout the season if for no other reason than repetition. He's what — 23? 24?

 

I'm willing to allow for a rough season, because I have faith in the organization to address needs. I think Holmes will develop, as will a few others, and there will be depth sought in the draft. Any dropoff will be temporary.

 

Besides, this team can still beat Baltimore both times and win at Cincy, and has the potential to get hot. Write Pittsburgh off at your own risk.

I heard an ESPN commentator saying when will Big Ben return to his "Super Bowl" form.

 

Personally, I thought that was the problem. He's still playing a lot like he did in the Super Bowl game against Seattle. What the Steelers need is for Ben to return to his pre-Super Bowl form.

I was fully prepared for a slow start. Overcoming the interruptions Ben had to deal with, combined with the WR/KR/PR issues, was going to be tough.

 

To suggest playing Batch is completely absurd. If Ben is healthy — and it is clear his issues, not unlike Carson's, are largely mental — he will get better throughout the season if for no other reason than repetition. He's what — 23? 24?

 

I'm willing to allow for a rough season, because I have faith in the organization to address needs. I think Holmes will develop, as will a few others, and there will be depth sought in the draft. Any dropoff will be temporary.

 

Besides, this team can still beat Baltimore both times and win at Cincy, and has the potential to get hot. Write Pittsburgh off at your own risk.

IMO I do not see Pitt scoring a point against the Ravens.:creepy:

I heard an ESPN commentator saying when will Big Ben return to his "Super Bowl" form.

 

Personally, I thought that was the problem. He's still playing a lot like he did in the Super Bowl game against Seattle. What the Steelers need is for Ben to return to his pre-Super Bowl form.

 

I agree. He's still in his Superbowl form.

IMO I do not see Pitt scoring a point against the Ravens.:creepy:

 

That's cool. We'll just return a fumble or an INT and win 7-0, because those guys ain't exactly an offensive juggernaut either.

That's cool. We'll just return a fumble or an INT and win 7-0, because those guys ain't exactly an offensive juggernaut either.

 

:laugh:

 

That's very possible. You wouldn't even have to return it for a TD...just force a turnover in FG range.

 

If no one turns the ball over (which is not likely considering the way these two offenses have played this year), the game could end in a scoreless tie. :scared:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.