Let's Talk About Sin ...

I once heard Billy Graham define sin as "any thought or action that falls short of God's will."

How do you think of sin and are all sins graded equally???

Why do we continue to sin if we know it's wrong and falls short of God's will?

If all of our sins--- past, present, AND Future are covered by the blood of the Lamb, does that mean that sins we have yet to commit but will commit are already forgiven?

Just throwing those out there for discussion...

I once heard Billy Graham define sin as "any thought or action that falls short of God's will."

How do you think of sin and are all sins graded equally???

I agree with Billy Graham. God’s standard is complete obedience to Him in all things and at all times. It’s like if you put the tiniest drop of cyanide into a 500 ml bottle of pure spring water – the entire bottle of water becomes contaminated. So it is with us. Even “little sins” like small, white lies contaminate our whole life and render it unacceptable.

Why do we continue to sin if we know it's wrong and falls short of God's will?

I heard a pastor say one time, "We aren’t sinners because we sin; we sin because we are sinners.” You see, it’s in our nature to sin! That is why the Bible clearly states Romans 3:23 that everyone has sinned: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (meaning all of us has fallen short of God’s standard.)

If all of our sins--- past, present, AND Future are covered by the blood of the Lamb, does that mean that sins we have yet to commit but will commit are already forgiven?

When we commit those future sins we need to confess them and ask God's forgiveness. Sin is a constant struggle. I heard Billy Graham say one time 'I'm just a sinner saved by the grace of God' to that I say, Amen!

Just throwing those out there for discussion...

My answers to your questions in bold.