Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Dark Horse

Featured Replies

Who is your dark horse to make a run in the 1A playoffs? What's your expectations for this team?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris. New OC is none other than Pat Towles.

 

Has he been there all year?? This is the first we’re hearing of it so I assume it’s a new development?

Paris and I’ve not considered them that dark of one.

Never heard of such.

Paris is hot...

 

Pikeville is also a dangerous team. They are a team full of Sophomores and took their lumps, but they are really starting to gel.

 

In addition, Wyatt Battaille should be back from injury that cost him his regular season. Even if Pikeville chooses to stick with the hot hand with their young QB, Battaille bring a playmaker ability on Defense or any other position you use him.

 

Pikeville's only losses were to the #1 3A, #2 1A, #4 2A, and #4 1A teams.

 

They played Hazard tight and played Paintsville competitively.

Delete

Pikeville had 78 total yards of O according to khsaa.org. Just being honest im not sure that is as competitive as most would like you to think. The Paintsville D is as good as any in class A, they have 2 kids on that D with D1 offers, and the LB play is as good as I have ever seen with Keeton/Richmond/Daniels/Meade.

Paris. New OC is none other than Pat Towles.

 

I saw on his twitter that he was calling the plays for Paris last Friday. Didn't even know he was on staff!

Paris at full strength has a legit shot to beat anyone outside of Beechwood. Depending on the injured player they can still compete. But loosing your best defense lineman for the year will hurt alot. Still think the hounds beat Raceland, Paintsville on the other hand is possibly too much for our hounds to handle.

You don't see many OC changes this late in the season. I still don't think Paris gets by Raceland, though a stingey Rams defense isn't going to be an easy game to call as second game, but two weeks to prepare.

I think Raceland could be a dark horse themselves, if they play the right game.

I would say in order ...Paris, Hazard, Raceland. i'm not familiar enough with the Western Ky. region to say. Am picking Beechwood to win it all.

In western Ky., Crittenden County and Campbellsville have the potential to get to the semi-finals.

 

In eastern Ky., I don't see Paris. The one tough team on their schedule beat them. Pikeville has played tough teams but hasn't beaten any of them and was only somewhat competitive against Hazard. If I have to pick someone, I will go with Pikeville based on the Battaille impact giving them a boost. Personally, if he is capable of playing QB and Pikeville doesn't play him at QB, I think it is a mistake. That is where he is a real difference maker. If I knew he was playing QB, I would go with Pikeville as the dark horse without hesitation.

  • Author

Got a few combined records of the top 10 opponents.

 

Beechwood 60-40

Paintsville 52-45

KCD 53-46

Hazard 46-42

Raceland 60-40

Paris 39-61

Ludlow 54-46

Pikeville 47-39

Williamsburg 51-49

Frankfort 43-56

 

Here is the combined records of teams the top 10 has lost too

 

Beechwood(8-2) 19-1

Paintsville(9-1)5-4

KCD(9-1) 9-1

Hazard(7-2) 15-5

Raceland(6-4) 32-8

Paris(9-1) 5-5

Ludlow(8-2) 17-3

Pikeville(5-4)34-5

Williamsburg(7-3)23-7

Frankfort(6-4) 30-10

 

Here are the combined records of the top 10 wins

 

Beechwood 41-39

Paintsville 47-41

KCD 44-45

Hazard 31-37

Raceland 28-32

Paris 34-56

Ludlow 37-43

Pikeville 13-34

Williamsburg 28-42

Frankfort 13-46

Here is another way to look at it. This lists the 1A top 10 in order of the record of their opponents (winning %):

 

1(T) Beechwood 60-40

1(T) Raceland 60-40

3. Pikeville 47-39

4. Ludlow 54-46

5. Paintsville 52-45

6. Ky. Country Day 53-46

7. Hazard 46-42

8. Williamsburg 51-49

9. Frankfort 43-56

10. Paris 39-61

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.