Coaching Carousel

GrantNKY

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They better understand that he’s not bringing Lamar with him. He is not a good recruiter, that's a major risk for UT.

Agreed, outside of Lamar Louisville is not good. Petrino has had good years but don’t think he’d last very long at Tennessee.

I believe I saw on Twitter where Tennessee had offered Jon Gruden $10 million a season but since they haven’t officially fired Butch yet I doubt that was true.

The SEC is looking a total overhaul outside of Alabama and UGA. You then have Mullen, Stoops, and Mason who are all pretty safe, but outside of that every coach is a little ancy right now.

The Nick Saban effect. SEC schools think they should win titles every year, very few are concerned with being 9-3. When they don't live up to unreal expectations, fans get ancy, coaches get fired. A lot of people believe he has ruined the SEC for the immediate future. UGA and Auburn are good programs...Florida will get back because they got in-state talent....LSU got in-state talent, but they just signed a dud for a coach...after that nothing. I personally think Mullen will get the MSU job; simply because there is no one else out there.