Basketball Scrimmages

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Boo Brewer not coaching Bardstown anymore? Heard they had a different coach in the scrimmage yesterday but that Brewer was in attendance at the game.

Boo probably sat and watched his team. A lot of established head coaches do this in scrimmages if they have an assistant that they trust. Helps the head coach take a step back and see how his kids play and respond to certain situations.

Next Up Recruits Preseason Jamboree is Saturday at Butler High School.

12:00 Marion County vs Seneca

1:15 Bardstown vs Southern

2:30 Central vs University Heights

3:45 Doss vs John Hardin

5:00 Taylor County vs Waggener

6:15 Butler vs Collins

If anyone attends this then give some summaries of how teams looked and scores if possible.

I only saw three of the games on Saturday but:

Univ Heights vs Central- UHA has really good guard play of course but they seemed very small on the inside. Tandy is the real deal, couple that with the younger Hollowell and the other guard (name escapes me) and they make a very solid 1,2,3 punch. Other than those 3 I don't know if they will make a run at Rupp.

Doss at John Hardin-Doss will be a solid team; their region is just so dang tough though. Taye Calloway gives Franklin a shooter in the back court. They were very physical as is the case with most L'ville teams. They have some solid pieces. I was told that the football players just returned to the team after Friday's loss as well. John Hardin is solid. Mickey played really well; I think he had a chance to show some of his versatility. Malik Wright and Witherspoon also played well. Wright and Pearson had a couple of nice dunks. Malik is hungry and sometimes that can lead to poor decisions as shot selection goes, but the kid plays hard all the time. They looked to be still trying to figure each other out a bit.

TC at Waggener- I was most impressed with Waggener I think; and this was without one of their studs. TC played without their starting PG, I don't know if he was injured or not. Trey Smith is legit, he should have a big year. Maze is gonna do what he does and that is put 4 guards on the court and slow the game down and force you to defend the entire court. They will be the typical Stallworth team...tough and heady.

Butler was down 5 at half, played much better in 2nd half against a tired Collins team who looked like they only played 5-6 players. Final score wasn't indicative of Butler's domination of 2nd half. Butler is a big time sleeper to win the 6th region. KC Goodin has established his system, much like he did in building the Doss program up, and this could be the year they break through and make a deep run in the 6th region tourney.

Yeah, Collins was missing several players from that game. That's why they only played 5 kids. Jacob Feltner sat out nursing a pulled hamstring and they were also missing a couple of kids who play football. They will look a lot different over the next few weeks.

Greyhound panorama 11/18 @ Paris high school

11:00 Paris vs Calvary Christian (girls)

12:30 St. Patrick vs Western Hills

3:00 Bracken vs Villa Madonna

5:30 Bourbon vs Robertson

8:00 Paris vs Southwestern

I believe there will be a few jv games played as well

Scrimmages at South Laurel:

Here are the teams for the 2 day event:

Nov. 24th

3:00 Barboursville vs St. Patrick

4:30 Lynn Camp vs East Jessamine

6:00 South Laurel vs Simon Kenton - Girls

7:30 Knott Co. vs Madison Central

Nov 25th

McCreary Central vs Madison Southern

2:00 Jackson Co vs Somerset

3:30 Harlan Co vs Garrard Co

5:00 Whitley Co vs Henry Clay

6:30 South Laurel vs Casey Co

North Laurel vs Lexington Christian

Scrimmages at South Laurel:

Here are the teams for the 2 day event:

Nov. 24th

3:00 Barboursville vs St. Patrick

4:30 Lynn Camp vs East Jessamine

6:00 South Laurel vs Simon Kenton - Girls

7:30 Knott Co. vs Madison Central

Nov 25th

McCreary Central vs Madison Southern

2:00 Jackson Co vs Somerset

3:30 Harlan Co vs Garrard Co

5:00 Whitley Co vs Henry Clay

6:30 South Laurel vs Casey Co

North Laurel vs Lexington Christian

Is this boys basketball scrimmages but Simon Kenton girls are playing in it?