Colin Kaepernick Files Grievance......

Good old Colin K files a collusion grievance against the NFL owners, saying they all colluded to keep him out of the league over his "kneeling protest"! Who didn't know this was coming, and guessing just a precursor to his lawsuit against the NFL?

I've felt all along his "end game" was to set up suit against the NFL; and it looks like he's following the playbook, and this will be just the first salvo towards his desired big payday. Where does this end? Kids in elementary/middle school filing suit when the get cut from the "A" team??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the grievance states, "Kaepernick in his last season was still performing at a top tier quarterback level" if this is included in your argument you have no chance.

Now even though i do think he would be on a team as at least a backup if it wasn't for all the attention he would bring. I do think it's silly for him to say he was a top tier qb. He definitely is not a top tier qb. He is better than a lot of backups on teams though. However not worth all the national attention a backup qb would bring to the team.

What a tool. Got fat and out of shape, couldn't remember playbook, couldn't read a defense, was no longer effective scrambling and couldn't hit a sideline route, and wants to blame it on everything else. Maybe if he gets in his jammies someone will read him a bedtime story.

This lays out what Colin is trying to prove and the case he must make: Colin Kaepernick’s NFL Collusion Case Analyzed | SI.com

Few things I’ve found interesting in reading about this:

1. This is something Colin (or his handlers) are bringing forward. Not the NFLPA.

2. He has a better shot signing with an NFL team than winning this case, absent something incriminating we are not aware of.

3. The proof of collusion has to have come within the last 90 days. I’m guessing the latest hubbub prompted this, but still an uphill battle.

A couple of random thoughts on this...

Didn't he say at one point he didn't want to go anywhere where he couldn't compete for the starter's spot? (I think this was back before training camp.)

And secondly, I think I heard correctly last night that IF he ends up proving collusion (and yes, that's a mighty big if), then the whole CBA automatically becomes null and void. Anyone else hear that?

Didn't he say at one point he didn't want to go anywhere where he couldn't compete for the starter's spot? (I think this was back before training camp.)

And secondly, I think I heard correctly last night that IF he ends up proving collusion (and yes, that's a mighty big if), then the whole CBA automatically becomes null and void. Anyone else hear that?

Per his camp, he did not mind being a backup.

Not sure on the second.

This is what I'm way more interested in than the case itself. If collusion is found and the CBA is void, we could be in for a whirlwind because the NFLPA is going to unload on the NFL and no way is the NFL prepared yet for that to happen yet.

What a tool. Got fat and out of shape, couldn't remember playbook, couldn't read a defense, was no longer effective scrambling and couldn't hit a sideline route, and wants to blame it on everything else. Maybe if he gets in his jammies someone will read him a bedtime story.

Kap is a vegan so I think we can rule out him getting fat and out of shape.

Collusion? The whole NFL model is collusion. It's WWE masquerading as competition. If you finish with the worst record, you're REWARDED with the top draft pick. The draft itself is collusion among owners to set wages. The cap is collusion among owners to set wages.

The only reason they get away with any of it is because the players' union is in on the game.

I don't know if they'll find collusion here (he could easily be blackballed without any formal conversations colluding for it), but the NFL is rife with collusion on a grand scale.

This is what I'm way more interested in than the case itself. If collusion is found and the CBA is void, we could be in for a whirlwind because the NFLPA is going to unload on the NFL and no way is the NFL prepared yet for that to happen yet.

I agree, but let's give the NFL some credit here. Some questionable decisions have been made by the NFL powers, but by-in-large the NFL is made up of a lot of smart people. And to advance the "null and void" narrative, I don't fully get what that means. I assume it just means parties have to come back to the table to negotiate a new deal.

I agree, but let's give the NFL some credit here. Some questionable decisions have been made by the NFL powers, but by-in-large the NFL is made up of a lot of smart people. And to advance the "null and void" narrative, I don't fully get what that means. I assume it just means parties have to come back to the table to negotiate a new deal.

Basically if collusion is found the current CBA is terminated. They will have to renegotiate a CBA before the players will play again. It's not going to happen, but that's the real storyline here.