Colin Kaepernick Files Grievance......

Yesterday I was commenting to a friend how much I was enjoying the NFL (without any mentions of all the garbage going on) and then BOOM this news report surfaced.

I love the NFL but they are pushing me away...

I agree....the networks realized by showing the anthem and talking about it, they were driving customers away. That was pretty bad business on their part. It seemed to be dying down and then Pence did what he did and now this. It just won't go away. Should be an interesting owners meeting this week in NY.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Which makes this case a LOT less ridiculous than many in this thread are suggesting. My only question is why wasn't this filed 2 months ago when he didn't get a training camp invite from anyone?

If you don't think Kaepernick is one of the best 60 QB's on Earth than you are looking through a very biased lens.

Of course he is talent wise. But what team wants a back-up causing any issues either in the clubhouse or with your fan base? A back-up is just not worth it. I will find this process very entertaining. Two entities I have almost no respect for battling in court...will be fun to follow...

Yesterday I was commenting to a friend how much I was enjoying the NFL (without any mentions of all the garbage going on) and then BOOM this news report surfaced.

I love the NFL but they are pushing me away...

Yes, I agree. I got sick of watching what I think of disrespect to our country and making a mockery of the flag and country.

I haven't seen a game since week one. It's like missing church, once you miss it only gets easier to miss.

Yes, I agree. I got sick of watching what I think of disrespect to our country and making a mockery of the flag and country.

I haven't seen a game since week one. It's like missing church, once you miss it only gets easier to miss.

In visual terms it is much better, you should watch a game.

I liken the NFL player protest like this.

A bully beats up a kid everyday to prove he is tougher. Well kid says ok you have proved you are tougher, time to quit and move on.

I think the players have proved their point, they are very close to losing a huge fan base and it's time to move on and think of ways to better protest that don't hurt their team and NFL.

Why don't they go speak to Trump, that would be huge publicity and who knows, maybe they will realize things are not as what they seem.

Agreed.

Which makes this case a LOT less ridiculous than many in this thread are suggesting. My only question is why wasn't this filed 2 months ago when he didn't get a training camp invite from anyone?

If you don't think Kaepernick is one of the best 60 QB's on Earth than you are looking through a very biased lens.

I agree with this, but no way would I give him a tryout at this point in the season. I would try out guys who were at the least in a training camp in July and August or recently cut. He hasn't been on a team for at least 15-18 months.

It just doesn't make sense to have him in now, just like it didn't make sense some team didn't take a look at him in August.

Collusion, not that ridiculous, as you state.

I agree with this, but no way would I give him a tryout at this point in the season. I would try out guys who were at the least in a training camp in July and August or recently cut. He hasn't been on a team for at least 15-18 months.

It just doesn't make sense to have him in now, just like it didn't make sense some team didn't take a look at him in August.

Collusion, not that ridiculous, as you state.

He was playing for the 49ers through last season, 9 months ago.

Collusion? The whole NFL model is collusion. It's WWE masquerading as competition. If you finish with the worst record, you're REWARDED with the top draft pick. The draft itself is collusion among owners to set wages. The cap is collusion among owners to set wages.

The only reason they get away with any of it is because the players' union is in on the game.

I don't know if they'll find collusion here (he could easily be blackballed without any formal conversations colluding for it), but the NFL is rife with collusion on a grand scale.

I believe the league has taken an unoffical stance against him but proving collusion seems to be a long shot.