Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 31 Browns 7

Featured Replies

That was a "must win" if there ever was one...

We got ya, Eiffert is the reason if and whenever Dalton

Or, it's Green.. or it's the defense carrying him... lol

 

Please feel free to share your views more then? How well does Dalton do when Eifert doesn't play usually? How well has he done in games without Green? How well has he done against teams with winning records in his career?

 

I'll answer some. Going into this season Dalron is 28 and 10 in games against Teams with losing records going into the game. Dalton is 17 and 27 and 2 in games with teams with a winning record going into the game. Dalron is 5 and 11 in games in prime time. Dalton is 0 and 4 in playoff games he started. Meaning in prime time nationally tv games in prime time or playoffs he is 5 and 15. A winning percentage of 33% in those games and a winning percentage of 38% in games against teams with winning records in his career.

 

So basically the people who still support and Believe in Dalton lean on how good he is against bad teams. Which he is good against bad teams, no denying that. The people who don't support him anymore are the ones who see how he is against good teams and see that is not a good recipe for success for a team who wants to get past the 1st round of the playoffs.

 

So yeah I'm sorry if I don't get excited how Dalton looked in this game or how backup tes looked against a bad Browns team. This is par the course for Dalton against bad teams.

That was a "must win" if there ever was one...

 

Now this I agree on. Even though I am not going to let a win against the Browns get me excited about Dalton. Because 7 years worth let's me know what Dalton is. I am very happy that they won. Even though I don't like their chances of getting over the top ever with Dalron. I do hope he proves me wrong and gets it done. He is a type of guy who I would love see be the guy who gets them over the top. Because he is a great guy, good role model, good in the community. You want to see guys like that have success. So I truly do hope he proves me wrong and shuts me up.

Now this I agree on. Even though I am not going to let a win against the Browns get me excited about Dalton. Because 7 years worth let's me know what Dalton is. I am very happy that they won. Even though I don't like their chances of getting over the top ever with Dalron. I do hope he proves me wrong and gets it done. He is a type of guy who I would love see be the guy who gets them over the top. Because he is a great guy, good role model, good in the community. You want to see guys like that have success. So I truly do hope he proves me wrong and shuts me up.

 

Agree, but it's not about getting excited about Dalton... he's a good QB, a proven good QB... is he elite? Nope.. but good QB's have won playoff games and Super Bowls...

 

This is where we disagree... I think Dalton is good enough to win those games and you don't... pretty simple and we aren't gonna influence one another regarding that...

Agree, but it's not about getting excited about Dalton... he's a good QB, a proven good QB... is he elite? Nope.. but good QB's have won playoff games and Super Bowls...

 

This is where we disagree... I think Dalton is good enough to win those games and you don't... pretty simple and we aren't gonna influence one another regarding that...

 

I have 7 years of data showing why I don't think he magically will become good against good teams and or big games. There is also proof this year too. His inability to make throws when it matters most is a problem. His inability to make throws to help change the momentum of the game when things aren't going well is a problem.

 

I agree teams can win games with good qbs. Howveer those good qbs probably were mentally tougher than Dalton to handle big moments. Dalton has had more talent around him for his whole career than any Bengals qb in history. I just think a lot of qbs could have also been just as successful against bad teams as Dalton, but possibly better than Dalton against good teams.

I have 7 years of data showing why I don't think he magically will become good against good teams and or big games. There is also proof this year too. His inability to make throws when it matters most is a problem. His inability to make throws to help change the momentum of the game when things aren't going well is a problem.

 

I agree teams can win games with good qbs. Howveer those good qbs probably were mentally tougher than Dalton to handle big moments. Dalton has had more talent around him for his whole career than any Bengals qb in history. I just think a lot of qbs could have also been just as successful against bad teams as Dalton, but possibly better than Dalton against good teams.

 

 

The non support of AD is getting old. I think we all get that you want to move on from him.

 

Now the game. The offense has been in a good rhythm for 6 of the last 8 quarters. That is a good sign. The way they looked in the first two games, I had little hope they would improve. Defensively we looked very dominating.

 

The run game is still a concern,but it was pretty obvious the Browns were keying the run. Thus the tight ends and backs had field days.

 

The biggest positive was the Bengals kept with their game plan and didn't go conservative until they got the 31-0 lead. That has not been their MO for a long while.

 

Although it was the Browns, it is a win and in the NFL you take them. They rarely are this easy.

Edited by Bengal Maniac

At least they won a game that they should.

Please feel free to share your views more then? How well does Dalton do when Eifert doesn't play usually? How well has he done in games without Green? How well has he done against teams with winning records in his career?

 

I'll answer some. Going into this season Dalron is 28 and 10 in games against Teams with losing records going into the game. Dalton is 17 and 27 and 2 in games with teams with a winning record going into the game. Dalron is 5 and 11 in games in prime time. Dalton is 0 and 4 in playoff games he started. Meaning in prime time nationally tv games in prime time or playoffs he is 5 and 15. A winning percentage of 33% in those games and a winning percentage of 38% in games against teams with winning records in his career.

 

So basically the people who still support and Believe in Dalton lean on how good he is against bad teams. Which he is good against bad teams, no denying that. The people who don't support him anymore are the ones who see how he is against good teams and see that is not a good recipe for success for a team who wants to get past the 1st round of the playoffs.

 

So yeah I'm sorry if I don't get excited how Dalton looked in this game or how backup tes looked against a bad Browns team. This is par the course for Dalton against bad teams.

 

There's a lot I agree with in your post, but not your math.

The non support of AD is getting old. I think we all get that you want to move on from him.

 

Now the game. The offense has been in a good rhythm for 6 of the last 8 quarters. That is a good sign. The way they looked in the first two games, I had little hope they would improve. Defensively we looked very dominating.

 

The run game is still a concern,but it was pretty obvious the Browns were keying the run. Thus the tight ends and backs had field days.

 

The biggest positive was the Bengals kept with their game plan and didn't go conservative until they got the 31-0 lead. That has not been their MO for a long while.

 

Although it was the Browns, it is a win and in the NFL you take them. They rarely are this easy.

 

I agree with everything you said. I have liked how the defense has played all year. We have a good d line, linebackers and our secondary has been good overall too.

 

Offensively they definitely look better with the new OC. I Honestly think with this easy schedule the Bengals will end up 10 and 6. I just have zero reason to believe Dalron even if he looks great the rest of the year against bad teams. That he will be able to make the plays when they matter against good teams or in the playoffs.

There's a lot I agree with in your post, but not your math.

 

Ah you're right. I did 5 divided by 15 to get the 33%. I gave to much credit to Dalron with that. It should have been 5 divided by the total amount games played in prime time and playoff which is 20. So he actually has a 25% win percentage in prime time and playoff games combined. The 38% winning percentage for his career against teams with a winning record is correct though. He has only won 17 of 44 possible games against Teams with winning records in his career for a winning percentage of 38%. Not exactly good, and not sure how people can keep holding on to the well he is good against bad teams as the reason they support him.

The Bengals looked pretty good today but the offense line is still atrocious.

Apparently Carl Lawson lost 2 teeth in the game today because he wasn't wearing a mouthpiece. Why would you not be wearing a mouthpiece?

Because you're a dope?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.