Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is This Blocked Kick Illegal?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may or may not have been legal...but give the kid credit for athleticism and using his head...and a word to all centers out there....keep your head up after a snap

I believe it is a legal block he didn't make contact with the center. I think the only rule concerning the center is you just can't make contact with him. And you cant propel your self off of another player i don't think i could be wrong about that though.

I know in a game recently down here in Mayfield...the Cards defensive player hurdled the center and went in to block the kick after timing the snap...the play stood...so I am in agreement that if you don't make contact it has to be a legal play...

I was under the impression that you cannot hurdle any player that is not laying on the ground. There is a 5 yard infracton for hurdling a player that is not in contact with the ground or on the ground, I would say the center is on his 2 feet thus my opinion is this is hurdlling.

  • Author
I believe it is a legal block he didn't make contact with the center. .

 

 

Are you sure? It appeared that his right foot was on the center's back.

I thought his foot was on the centers back also. But is it a penalty if it is?

 

I have never heard of the hurdling penalty. If that is true, then this would obviously be an infraction.

I was under the impression that you cannot hurdle any player that is not laying on the ground. There is a 5 yard infracton for hurdling a player that is not in contact with the ground or on the ground, I would say the center is on his 2 feet thus my opinion is this is hurdlling.

 

 

Never heard of this rule in my life.

 

The play looked legal to me, I couldn't tell if the player actually touched the center or not.

It doesn't look like he touched anyone on the play, and I've never heard of any "hurdling" rule.

  • Author

Lets assume for discussion's sake that he did step on the center's back? Penalty?

 

What if it was the guard's back?

I am under the impression that the center can not be touch i.e. stepped on or walk over the top of. To me it looked as he used the center as a step stool to get to the kicker.

Lets assume for discussion's sake that he did step on the center's back? Penalty?

 

What if it was the guard's back?

 

Stepped on the center's back - penalty, unless he is lying face down on the ground.

 

Any other player it would probably be legal.

Using another player to jump and block is illegal it is a 15 yarder.

Thats what i thought, i thought you could hurdle under your own power as long as no contact is made with the snapper.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.