39th District Hosting Solution

If the outcome of a FORCED game has no impact, then that game .. should not be forced. Especially to be forced to go on the road in a meaningless game.

(Meaning teams in blind-draw districts shouldn't play each other in regular season.)

Shouldn't HAVE to play each other in the regular season. Plenty of reasons why it is good to play. Historical rivalries, prep for the post season, etc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't HAVE to play each other in the regular season. Plenty of reasons why it is good to play. Historical rivalries, prep for the post season, etc.

Augusta and Bracken will still be rivalries no matter what. Augusta always has an open invatation to play in the Igloo. And as far as preparing for the post-season, a seeded district game would help you prepare more.

Augusta and Bracken will still be rivalries no matter what. Augusta always has an open invatation to play in the Igloo. And as far as preparing for the post-season, a seeded district game would help you prepare more.

Why would Augusta go to the Igloo to play when Bracken will not go to Augusta? That is not much of a open invitation.

It's not just the district that tournament that takes a hit, it's also the region. When the best two teams in the district draw each other that means that the two worst teams draw each other. This usually leads to a bad team in the regional tournament and a district winner from another district getting a pretty easy road into the semifinals.

Until the State forces it, the 38th and 39th neither one will be seeded. If Bracken was in a District with Mason, Harrison, Scott, Campbell, GRC, MoCo or Pendleton (who historically have teams that would beat BC) they would vote for the draw as well. You simply cannot blame the smaller schools of Augusta, St. Pat, Nicholas, and Robertson for doing what's best for them.

Until the State forces it, the 38th and 39th neither one will be seeded. If Bracken was in a District with Mason, Harrison, Scott, Campbell, GRC, MoCo or Pendleton (who historically have teams that would beat BC) they would vote for the draw as well. You simply cannot blame the smaller schools of Augusta, St. Pat, Nicholas, and Robertson for doing what's best for them.

Correct. It is my esteemed opinion that the "quality of the regional tournament field" isn't priority number one when it comes to voting seed/draw.

This was for volleyball...Is that correct? Does it apply to all sports? I think if I were St. Pat I might consider having the Vball tournament at the downtown Maysville gym. It's literally right around the corner from their school. They could walk from their school to the gym.

I believe this is for basketball. Any school, unless it's changed, can host volleyball, as Augusta did last year.

The original intent from Bracken was this. “We aren’t playing AT AUGUSTA until volleyball, baseball, and softball seeded”. Augusta chose not to play at Bracken, and declined an offer to have the regional tournament money split 4 ways each year. Basketball was left out and we don’t care if it’s seeded for right now. We just don’t want basketball holding the other sports (volleyball, baseball, softball) hostage because the bottom line is Bracken County puts time, effort, and money into and Augusta doesn’t.

I'll call it...isn't this EXACTLY what Bracken County is doing by refusing to play away at these sites ? Holding Augusta and St Pat "hostage" until they decide to see it the way Brooksville does ? :sssh:

I'll call it...isn't this EXACTLY what Bracken County is doing by refusing to play away at these sites ? Holding Augusta and St Pat "hostage" until they decide to see it the way Brooksville does ? :sssh:

It’s give and take BirdBrain. If they won’t give us a seeded district then we are going to take our ball and only play them at home.

It’s give and take BirdBrain. If they won’t give us a seeded district then we are going to take our ball and only play them at home.

It's no loss for those two not to play Bracken County. Let Bracken continue to look stupid in all of this.

Still confused on how Bracken County looks stupid?

....because they look like they are holding Augusta and St Pat hostage until they get what they want....or else they are taking their ball and staying home.

Do people in Brooksville really not get how that looks to everyone else on the outside ?