39th District Hosting Solution

....because they look like they are holding Augusta and St Pat hostage until they get what they want....or else they are taking their ball and staying home.

Do people in Brooksville really not get how that looks to everyone else on the outside ?

Most people in Brooksville are fine with not playing Augusta. Augusta holds the power to seeding the district and Bracken County has the power to take away Augusta’s most profitable game. I couldn't care less if we play Augusta.

As long as Daniel Fisher is Athletic Director we will not travel Augusta and I, as well as the coaches are standing behind him. Fisher had the fortitude to do this and it’s about time someone did something about it. He has two boys who both play football, basketball, and baseball.

In 2016 his kids, and my teammates were screwed out of our opportunity to play in the regional tournament. So this issue is more personal and what started this debate.

So who looks more stupid? Bracken County not wanting to play @ Augusta for a non-seeded game? Or Augusta and St. Pat for not wanting a seeded District like 61 out of 64 do and making a perennial joke out of themselves when their baseball team makes the regional tournament.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm the one who is confused. How was Bracken County denied the opportunity to play in the 2016 regional tournament? Did they not play in the district tournament?

In the 2016 baseball tournament Bracken and Mason played in first round. Most normal, sane districts would have had the best two teams in the region. Not Augusta who was 1-10.

In the 2016 baseball tournament Bracken and Mason played in first round. Most normal, sane districts would have had the best two teams in the region. Not Augusta who was 1-10.

But you lost! That’s why you didn’t get to play. You lost. It doesn’t matter what round; you couldn’t get the job done. That’s not on Augusta. That’s on BC.

But you lost! That’s why you didn’t get to play. You lost. It doesn’t matter what round; you couldn’t get the job done. That’s not on Augusta. That’s on BC.
If you are going to justify a 1-10 Augusta team being in the region that is just ignorant on your part.

I love the arrogance of some BC fans. Just because you think you're better than a 1-10 team, doesn't mean you were. That's why they play the game instead of just crowning 2 teams to advance. If you were that good, you would have beat MC and won the district outright instead of trying to justify why you were the 2nd best team in the district and deserved to be in the region.

I love the arrogance of some BC fans. Just because you think you're better than a 1-10 team, doesn't mean you were. That's why they play the game instead of just crowning 2 teams to advance. If you were that good, you would have beat MC and won the district outright instead of trying to justify why you were the 2nd best team in the district and deserved to be in the region.

I stay out of the seed/draw debate because it's crazy.

BUT. The argument that year in particular was that an 0-10 team, that actually had to scrape together a 10th game to even qualify to be allowed to play in the district tourney, because they werent competitive enough throughout the season to play a regular slate of games, was robbing a team that played a normal HS baseball schedule the shot that they had gotten to get to play in the championship and move on to the region.

Yes, beat who's in front of you. But this isn't just about beating who's in front of you, it's about a level playing field. Augusta, that year in particular, barely met the minimum to get in. It wasn't an issue of team talent, it was an issue of amount of effort put forth.

We beat Augusta 22-0 in 5 innings with our JV in for 3 innings in 2017 District. Believe me, we were significantly better. Could have beat them by 70 but we decided to have some class and show mercy.

We beat Augusta 22-0 in 5 innings with our JV in for 3 innings in 2017 District. Believe me, we were significantly better. Could have beat them by 70 but we decided to have some class and show mercy.

Actually you gave the Augusta argument as to why they SHOULD NOT seed. Taking a chance on not drawing Mason or Bracken was their best chance to win. Is that not the same objective you had? To win and advance?

Until the KHSAA forces them to seed the district, it's pretty obvious why Augusta and St. Pat have voted against it. Not understanding that and "taking your ball and running home" makes Bracken look worse in the eyes of a lot. I fully understand Bracken's frustration. Mason has been on the losing side as well, but Bracken isn't going to force Augusta to change their minds by not playing them at Augusta.

I stay out of the seed/draw debate because it's crazy.

BUT. The argument that year in particular was that an 0-10 team, that actually had to scrape together a 10th game to even qualify to be allowed to play in the district tourney, because they werent competitive enough throughout the season to play a regular slate of games, was robbing a team that played a normal HS baseball schedule the shot that they had gotten to get to play in the championship and move on to the region.

Yes, beat who's in front of you. But this isn't just about beating who's in front of you, it's about a level playing field. Augusta, that year in particular, barely met the minimum to get in. It wasn't an issue of team talent, it was an issue of amount of effort put forth.

Life's not fair and the adult playing field is not always level. The sooner you teach your kids this lesson, the better off they'll be in the long run.

Life's not fair and the adult playing field is not always level. The sooner you teach your kids this lesson, the better off they'll be in the long run.

Sometimes life isn’t fair and you draw Mason County with a D1 pitcher, other times it’s more than fair and you draw St Pat. Thanks for the life-lesson!!! Thank you for your wisdom.

So. Teach kids that the only shot you have in life is if you draw the right pill, don’t bother trying to play a full schedule and field a competitive team, just hope the draw goes your way a you get smacked in a regional game? I’m not sure I see the correlation.

Again. This is why I abstain from this argument.