Covington Catholic 45 Beechwood 9

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"4). Only negative...Xpts didn't bounce off I-75 or the BW cafeteria. Surprised, as his kickoffs were rockets consistently inside 5 yard line. Had to stretch pretty far to find anything remotely a negative. Kind of like hitting your freethrows, but not swishing them."

Different kicker on kickoff versus extra points. They do clear the bar not by a lot

That explains it. 6 for 6, plus a FG. Nice game. Results, not style, important.

Beechwood is a great place to watch a game. Great atmosphere even if the game didn't live up to the crowd.

Beechwood guys you are still the 1A favorites. You just ran into a buzz saw tonight.

CovCath is a well coached team that will go a very long way this year. Maybe go undefeated in the regular season. Great facility at Beechwood!

I do not think SK's defense is even close to the dominance I saw from CovCath tonight. Give Shearer time and SK will put a bunch of points up against BW, also. But, I think BW will show much better offensive output against Pioneers.

I haven't seen CovCath but everything I hear is that they are a complete team. That said, I think BW's speed may test SK a little. SK's defense is hard hitting and nasty up front and at LB so the Beechies may have a tough time running the ball. If they can throw we will really see how the SK D matches up. SK clearly has the advantage on offense over BW's defense. Hands down. Just being realistic.