Covington Catholic 45 Beechwood 9

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree with those saying best Covington Catholic team ever. If there is a better group of skill position players in the state, you will have to show me a lot of proof. Yes, I am including Trinity, St. X, Male and everyone else. Covington Catholic has the best skilled players in the state. A D1 QB, a D1 tight end, a group of WR's that have to be the biggest in the state with speed along with the size and a couple good RB's.

Needless to say a very good Beechwood team was simply overmatched. Anyone who thinks less of Beechwood after this game needs to watch Covington Catholic. It took Beechwood a while to catch up to the Colonels. But that is why Beechwood plays Covington Catholic and other big schools. No one else on Beechwood's schedule will push Beechwood like Covington Catholic. That is how a really good team gets even better. It doesn't happen playing weaker teams and winning by running clocks.

I am sure the Tigers are disappointed in the way they played. Watch the film and take in the learning experience that hopefully will help them get state title #13. If that happens, I guess we can say thanks to the Colonels for helping make the Tigers a better team.

I agree. We will see in 2 weeks and talk of blowouts and beatings means nothing until they play. Do I think BW will lose to SK? Yes. Do I think it will be a beating like they took tonight? No. It is hard to say that one team compared to another based on a score. Perfect example. SK beats Conner in a downpour 13-6. SK beats down Dixie on a dry sunny day on turf 59-21. Dixie beats Conner on a dry sunny day on turf 28-21. Who the heck knows what will happen and how BW matches up to SK?

Covington Catholic (4-0) vs. Beechwood (3-0)

Date: Sep 15, 2017 • Site: Beechwood • Stadium:

Attendance:

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Total

Covington Catholic 24 14 0 7 45

Beechwood 0 0 3 6 9

Qtr Time Scoring Play V-H

1st 06:12 CCH - Dyer,G 29 yd field goal, 14-61 5:48 3 - 0

05:34 CCH - Schneider,A 25 yd interception return (Gronette,T kick) 10 - 0

02:38 CCH - Coldiron,J 8 yd pass from Mayer,AJ (Gronette,T kick), 3-32 0:51 17 - 0

00:44 CCH - Schuh,S 50 yd pass from Mayer,AJ (Gronette,T kick), 1-50 0:08 24 - 0

2nd 08:29 CCH - McGinness,C 3 yd run (Gronette,T kick), 7-80 2:39 31 - 0

02:52 CCH - Butler,K 22 yd pass from Mayer,AJ (Gronette,T kick), 8-74 3:03 38 - 0

3rd 03:17 BEECH - Mescher,D 39 yd field goal, 14-52 8:22 38 - 3

4th 08:36 CCH - McGinness,C 8 yd run (Gronette,T kick), 10-73 6:19 45 - 3

06:33 BEECH - Derry,J 51 yd run (Mescher,D kick blockd), 3-58 1:49 45 - 9