Bishop Brossart's new complex

brooksville

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might need a lot of people to pony up some dough. Mustang might need to solo hit a Pick 6. Or someone needs to win the lottery.

As pictured with turf, parking, plaza (concession/rest rooms), and a storage facility is a $5m project. $3.3m is in the bank. We are in the process of raising the remaining $1.7m to begin digging.

A follow-up project will include baseball and softball facilities, tennis courts, and lots of green space. Being built on 24 acres of property on Gilbert Ridge Road, about a mile from the high school.

Presently the football team plays at Campbell Co Middle School (this year at Campbell County High School), the soccer teams play at Pendery Park in Melbourne, the baseball team plays at St. Mary, and the softball team plays at Alexandria Community Park.

This project will eventually centralize all of our outdoor sports and become a home to Mustang Athletics.

I see the Diocese combining schools in the next 5 yrs. Cincinnati Diocese is combining Mercy and McAuley in 2018...money is tight and this would make for a very competitive school athletically

With a relatively brand new, state of the art facility on campus, and approval to build the "MAC" on Gilbert Ridge, Brossart High School isn't going anywhere besides onward and upward.

I can't speak for NCC, but if there is ever a merger, I think I know which school will be the survivor.

They will merge one day and ad on to Brossarts existing building using the money they get for selling of NewCaths property. No doubt about it!! Hopefully the bishop opens his eyes and does it sooner than later!!

Don't see merger because neither school is located in an area where kids from one school would ever travel to the other location. You would NEVER get most of kids from NCC to travel south to Brossart, and that would leave most of county without a parocial school. Won't happen. And obviously the majority of the southern county kids will stay at Brossart. Sure a merger might create a powerful school athletically, but it wouldn't happen because the kids WON"T come to either one. Just leave everyone alone and things will be fine.

With a relatively brand new, state of the art facility on campus, and approval to build the "MAC" on Gilbert Ridge, Brossart High School isn't going anywhere besides onward and upward.

Will the stadium have a dedication or anything, or will it just be called "Mustang Athletic Complex"