Belfry/Corbin: What Do You Think?

gchs_uk9

I like to compare schedules a little this early. Corbin has played 2 away games and 2 home games. But 1 game was within the County so it's potential playing at home in my opinion with not much travel. Belfry has played 1 at home and 2 on the road. I myself like good road wins. Belfry has two while Corbin has the close game with Beechwood.

Will be an interesting match with theee two of it happpens. Belfry has a much tougher playoff road and it will be interesting come playoff time.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Boyle can beat Corbin. Belfry hasn't lost to a state team in years. I'll believe it when I see it

They haven't lost in their class in five years but they've been beaten by Johnson Central in the last two years and Pikeville a couple of years ago.

They haven't lost in their class in five years but they've been beaten by Johnson Central in the last two years and Pikeville a couple of years ago.
Actually Pikeville and JC both beat them in 2014. The JC loss was on Halloween night, that was their last loss to a KY team.

But that was then, and this is now.

Actually Pikeville and JC both beat them in 2014. The JC loss was on Halloween night, that was their last loss to a KY team.

But that was then, and this is now.

I remembered them losing not too long ago to both. :thumb:

And the now IMO is all Belfry's to win. They are the favorite until beaten.

I think I would give Corbin the edge over Belfry right now. The 4th Friday in November may be a different story, though. Belfry is very tough to beat when the grass is brown.

The bigger question, however, is what about Central/Belfry? The playoff stars are aligned so that Belfry will have to travel to Louisville the 3rd Friday in November (if both teams make it that far) and take on the Yellowjackets on their home turf. That question will have to be answered before any possible clash with Corbin can be entertained.

This is going to be a fun class to follow in the playoffs.

I think I would give Corbin the edge over Belfry right now. The 4th Friday in November may be a different story, though. Belfry is very tough to beat when the grass is brown.

The bigger question, however, is what about Central/Belfry? The playoff stars are aligned so that Belfry will have to travel to Louisville the 3rd Friday in November (if both teams make it that far) and take on the Yellowjackets on their home turf. That question will have to be answered before any possible clash with Corbin can be entertained.

This is going to be a fun class to follow in the playoffs.

Made me do some stat research

Since 2007 and the 6-Class system:

Central is 29-2 in the playoffs at home. Their two lone losses were to LexCath in 2015 14-13 and Wayne County in 2013 17-7.

Belfry is 30-2 in the playoffs at home. They have won 23 straight home playoff games. Their two losses were to Sheldon Clark in 2009 20-14 and Breathitt County in 2008 14-12.

Belfry is 6-0 in true road playoff games since 2007.