Belfry/Corbin: What Do You Think?

gchs_uk9

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be played on the moon and Belfry would still win.

I'm not as sure about that as you are. If the game is played late November on Corbin's field I would not be surprised to see a Redhound win. Doesn't mean it will happen but home field is worth a few points. No doubt in my mind Boyle beats Bell in the 2008 semi's if that game was played at home. Also feel the same in 2009 as the home team was the difference in Boyle's 10-7 win.

First of all before I forget it I would appreciate you sending me a PM with your sources! You really know your stuff! I don't know who is your fav, BUT, we all have one or maybe two or three. I am a Belfry Grad and a HUGE Belfry fan that has suffered for years to see them get to where they are now. Anyone can beat anyone on a given day! Even Bama shows they are human occasionally. My point is I don't think Belfry has lost to ANY Kentucky team since the year everyone is talking about...2014. I believe they have won 31 or 32 straight games against ALL classes in Kentucky since that time! The Innocent Until Proven Guilty comment simply means that admittedly, even if they don't have the Super Team they have had the last four years, they are still 4-time defending State Champions until someone shows otherwise! The kind of team they have had the past few years doesn't come along very often! Their OL and DL looked like a college line! Do they even have any 300 pounders this year? Seems like I read the average size or their OL and DL is LESS than 200 pounds this year! A lot of prime beef gone! They have five or six running backs they can interchange for power, speed, OR power and speed and their linebackers are second to none that I am aware of. It took a Huntington, WV to get behind and around the ends of their defense and whatever size their OL and DL are they are moving people! I do however look for them to probably lose to Cabell Midland and lose their first game to a Kentucky team when JC rolls into CAM! Sorta ironic. JC was the last Kentucky team to beat them THREE years ago! However, don't forget the X-Factor. Anybody ever heard of a coach named Philip Haywood? He knows how to get the best out of what he has and he showed a few new plays against Newport Catholic that shocked me! He may pull off wins against Cabell Midland and JC! I think he could take a squad of cheerleaders and make a decent team out of them!:) I know him personally and he is just as good a man as he is a coach and we all know his coaching resume'! He may pull off a win on the moon, BUT, I'll take the thumb ring right here in the great State of Kentucky! Of course a couple of 290- 300 pounders certainly wouldn't hurt!:D Any to spare?:D:D Your thoughts Alt

Do they even have any 300 pounders this year?

Seems like I read the average size or their OL and DL is LESS than 200 pounds this year!

The line still has great size actually...

Lawson is 6'3 295

Wolford is 6'1 242

Rash is 5'11 264

Thacker is 6'3 334

Arbogast is 6'1 197

The big difference is you don't have a 6'4 300 pound monster like Cole Bentley at TE, but these guys have exceeded my expectations and looked great so far.

The scary part is they are all 5 underclassmen as well, so we will get to see them all back next year

I agree I think right now Belfry would be underdogs against both Midland and Johnson Central. Midland is very good this year and have arguably the best RB in WV back in the Vaughn kid. He hurt Belfry last year for nearly 200 yards I want to say.

A decent JV team could win their district and get to the semi finals.

:rolleyes: C'mon, ref. I know Corbin is better than Casey, Bell, Estill, etc. and that neither district is stacked with teams like some of the others. But has Corbin not shown enough in the last two years against various opponents, as well as against Belfry, to prove they are a legitimate contender in Class 3A? They were more competitive against Belfry than was Lexington Catholic in 2015 and Central in 2016.

:rolleyes: C'mon, ref. I know Corbin is better than Casey, Bell, Estill, etc. and that neither district is stacked with teams like some of the others. But has Corbin not shown enough in the last two years against various opponents, as well as against Belfry, to prove they are a legitimate contender in Class 3A? They were more competitive against Belfry than was Lexington Catholic in 2015 and Central in 2016.

I have said it before and will say it again, Corbin was clearly the second best team in 3A last year and possibly two years ago as well (LexCath most likely was despite the score, just a HORRIBLE matchup for Belfry).

I honestly don't think any 3A team was within 4 TD's of Belfry over the past two years with the exception of 2016 Corbin.

Weak district or not Corbin is a legitimate 3A title threat in 2017.

Yes Corbin is better than anyone in their dist and region. Bar none. Their JV team can win the dist and region. Thats how easy Corbin has it.

They should be. They rest the whole team in 2nd half in the dist games and playoffs now.

This is the ONLY reason Belfry beat Corbin last year, probably the year before as well. Corbin wasn't use to playing in the second half, therefore the players got tired and just couldn't perform. It obviously had nothing to do with the fact that Belfry was better.:sarcastic: