Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 44 Conner 0

Featured Replies

We have to agree to disagree about the execution having nothing to do with the competition.

 

I guess so. ;) Don't get me wrong though, I'm only talking about a select few factors when talking about executing.

 

And Dixie didn't seem to have problems early in the year in 02 or 03 or 04. They had some wins over CovCath and Highlands early in the season in those years and played solid throughtout the season.

 

Senior leadership (or just leadership in general) makes all the difference, plus having the top QBs in NKY didn't hurt any. :D

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may want to figure out who you are posting to before you call me "little buddy"

 

As far as nerve goes . . . . . we will leave that one alone for now. But we can pick that one up at another time.

 

Like I said--where was the "bickering" at. That was all I asked--then I gave some simple scenarios as to why each group would be "bickering".

 

You have to understand--you make it SO EASY. Non biased observers talk about how Conner played hard and never gave up. You, on the other hand, are the one who brought up the "bickering".

 

From where I am sitting, it looks like you have an axe to grind. And when someone actually calls you out on it--you bring up things that were never even said.

 

The way I see it--a person can be either part of the problem--or part of the solution. So far, all you have done is bring up problems--when others are trying to be optimistic about the current play--and the future.

 

Angry and bitter? That is the typical response of someone who has been called out on this board--who has no clue what they are talking about. Is that all you have? Seriously?

 

With FANS like you--who needs enemies . . . . . . . . . . and I am sure that the team wouldn't lose sleep if you decided to take your "bickering" comments somewhere else. Maybe you should think about it.

 

In closing . . .does everyone need to agree with me? Ha, ha . . . the world would probably be a lot better if it did. It has nothing to do with anyone agreeing with me. I could care less. But what I don't like is how you are more interested in pointing out the bad then stepping up to the plate and learning a little more about what is going on. Your "bickering" comments are a joke--and at this point--they are completely unfounded.

 

Bring the evidence . . . . . or come up with something that may have actually happened. If you want to keep calling me "little buddy" -- send me a PM and do it in style. If you want to talk football (you know--about the game)--BRING IT--DON'T SING IT. (I am not holding my breath on that one).

would you let it go and grow up!
You may want to figure out who you are posting to before you call me "little buddy"

 

As far as nerve goes . . . . . we will leave that one alone for now. But we can pick that one up at another time.

 

Like I said--where was the "bickering" at. That was all I asked--then I gave some simple scenarios as to why each group would be "bickering".

 

You have to understand--you make it SO EASY. Non biased observers talk about how Conner played hard and never gave up. You, on the other hand, are the one who brought up the "bickering".

 

From where I am sitting, it looks like you have an axe to grind. And when someone actually calls you out on it--you bring up things that were never even said.

 

The way I see it--a person can be either part of the problem--or part of the solution. So far, all you have done is bring up problems--when others are trying to be optimistic about the current play--and the future.

 

Angry and bitter? That is the typical response of someone who has been called out on this board--who has no clue what they are talking about. Is that all you have? Seriously?

 

With FANS like you--who needs enemies . . . . . . . . . . and I am sure that the team wouldn't lose sleep if you decided to take your "bickering" comments somewhere else. Maybe you should think about it.

 

In closing . . .does everyone need to agree with me? Ha, ha . . . the world would probably be a lot better if it did. It has nothing to do with anyone agreeing with me. I could care less. But what I don't like is how you are more interested in pointing out the bad then stepping up to the plate and learning a little more about what is going on. Your "bickering" comments are a joke--and at this point--they are completely unfounded.

 

Bring the evidence . . . . . or come up with something that may have actually happened. If you want to keep calling me "little buddy" -- send me a PM and do it in style. If you want to talk football (you know--about the game)--BRING IT--DON'T SING IT. (I am not holding my breath on that one).

 

 

"bring the evidence"? this isn't CSI....

 

"Bring it don't sing it"!!!!!! Are you serious? HAhahahhahhaha!! Whatever dude.

You're right, don't hold your breath. I don't want to talk football (yeah the game) with you. We would BOTH be wasting our breath apparently.

 

If you didn't believe I know what I am talking about you wouldn't be on here arguing with me and trying to discredit my comments.

 

I am not going to name names and postions and who was yelling at each other and what they were saying (I can)....and certainly not put it on this board anymore than you are going to tell me what is really going on..... or whatever it is you keep eluding to for me to ask the coach about.

I didn't go into detail about the bickering because I wanted to leave it a that.....you came crashing in tonight just like last week (which I was more vocal and descriptive) and start ranting and raving about how I am causing the problem simply because I brought it up. If there isn't a problem than how could I be possibly causing one. Whatever.

 

"with fans like you, who needs enemies"? Good lord are there anymore 150 year old cliches and quotes you could throw out here? "Axes to grind" ......wow.....should we "win one for the gipper" while we're at it?

 

I never said the Cougars quit or gave up tonight which is consistant to what the "non-biased" observers said. But I saw no leadership, and watched the sidelines tonight just as close as I did the game. This team appears divided.... and while I may be the only one currently with enough nerve to say it, I am NOT the only one that sees it. Maybe you should think about it. It is not a joke.

Has Conner become miserable or what? You can never tell in NKY.

 

The one constant of NKY is Boone County's dominance.

Sounds like Dixie came out rolling tonight

"bring the evidence"? this isn't CSI....

 

"Bring it don't sing it"!!!!!! Are you serious? HAhahahhahhaha!! Whatever dude.

You're right, don't hold your breath. I don't want to talk football (yeah the game) with you. We would BOTH be wasting our breath apparently.

 

If you didn't believe I know what I am talking about you wouldn't be on here arguing with me and trying to discredit my comments.

 

I am not going to name names and postions and who was yelling at each other and what they were saying (I can)....and certainly not put it on this board anymore than you are going to tell me what is really going on..... or whatever it is you keep eluding to for me to ask the coach about.

I didn't go into detail about the bickering because I wanted to leave it a that.....you came crashing in tonight just like last week (which I was more vocal and descriptive) and start ranting and raving about how I am causing the problem simply because I brought it up. If there isn't a problem than how could I be possibly causing one. Whatever.

 

"with fans like you, who needs enemies"? Good lord are there anymore 150 year old cliches and quotes you could throw out here? "Axes to grind" ......wow.....should we "win one for the gipper" while we're at it?

 

I never said the Cougars quit or gave up tonight which is consistant to what the "non-biased" observers said. But I saw no leadership, and watched the sidelines tonight just as close as I did the game. This team appears divided.... and while I may be the only one currently with enough nerve to say it, I am NOT the only one that sees it. Maybe you should think about it. It is not a joke.

 

 

Talk about a broken record (there is another cliche' for you) . . . .

 

Well--at least you got a little closer to giving us an inside look as to what you are talking about. Lord knows, all of us "little buddies" out there would have never figured this one out without your help.

 

I know that you are not going to tell us what those players were saying--because you would have to have had a miracle ear 50000 to hear. Unless--you are one of the following:

1. Coach

2. Referee

3. Player

4. Some type of bug that lives in Field Turf.

 

At the very least--you are speculating as to what was said. And to the point--if there was bickering--then GOOD. It just confirms the fact that the kids on this team actually care about what they are doing. Some people may consider that strife . . . . . I don't. There is nothing wrong with kids holding each other accountable for their actions. At that point--that is where your lack of leadership comes in. If there is no leadership (from the players), then that crap will continue. But someone who is ON THE FIELD needs to step up and say enough is enough (hopefully you are still counting my cliches). Does the coach have responsibility for those situations--ABSOLUTELY. But there is a time and a place for that. And sometimes--it isn't in the middle of a game.

 

So, there is a division on the sidelines? Where is the division? With the kids, coaches, all of the above or what? For someone who doesn't have an "axe to grind" (oh--another cliche'), you would think that you could take your eyes off the sideline long enough to watch the game. Again--from here--it sure looks like you are more interested in looking to find trouble as to looking to see what is really going on.

 

As far as my other comments about talking to the coach, etc--I say that for one reason. You are pretty big about airing your dirty laundry on a message board, so why don't you actually ask HIM to see what he thinks about all of these things that you are seeing that he isn't. Last week, there were other players on the sidelines, this week, there was bickering. Hey--you want the Cougars to win football games---why don't you make sure that the coach is doing his job instead of coming on here with your "bickering" and "divisions" etc, etc, etc . . . . . . .

 

Now--sorry to waste your time actually talking football, but there are some actual football issues that could be the reason for the performances of the last few weeks.

 

1. Inexperienced players in key positions who are TRYING like crazy to make things happen. I would say that they are trying so hard--that they are forcing things a little too much. As a coach, I would have a hard time cutting the cord on those kids. When they are more experienced, I would like to hope that they won't be making the same mistakes. If they are--I will be more than happy to eat my words.

 

2. This is not meant as an insult--but it doesn't help a football team in AAAA. I have never been to a school that lacked speed as much as Conner does. They are stronger than nearly every team in the area--but there is not enough speed in that school to compete at this time. (Which causes a whole different set of issues--it limits your ability to open up the game on offense and defense).

 

That isn't a knock on the kids in the program--because I SEE them working hard all of the time. The talent and success at Conner has always been cyclical (sp?).

 

So, say what you will ............. in the grand scheme of things "it is what it is" (how many is that?). If you feel good about the comments that you make (which you usually fail to address when called out)--good for you. Thank goodness that most Conner fans are not like you ...................

would you let it go and grow up!

 

If I grew up any more--I would hit my head on the doorframe when I walked in or out.

 

Who are you to tell me to let it go? If you don't like the fact that I think that this person should be called out for trying to cause internal strife . . . . .then maybe you shouldn't waste your time reading it.

Stop the personal bickering (take it to PM's if you want to continue).

Maybe, but look at this this way.

 

I think if Dixie would have played Conner in game 1, I think Dixie would still have won soundly. Say by only 28-0. And if they played Highlands next week and lose soundly say 28-0 you might not be thinking they were progressing.

 

What I'm saying is the competition has a lot to do with the perception.

 

Remember all those years Lloyd would get waxed by 40 by Beechwood and NCC and Dixie early on and then get into their 2A district and start winning games by 35?

 

:thumb:

 

Excellent post. Once district play starts, Dixie and Boone are bound to look better, based on who they are playing. That doesn't necessarily mean they've become "good", just better than the teams on their schedule.

 

Boone has played CovCath in week one for a long time, and until recently more than held their own, won some, lost a couple more, but always pretty close game. CovCath was winning AAA titles during many of those years, they haven't done that lately, but now seem to cruise past Boone.

 

In the early part of the decade, Dixie didn't need a "warm-up" period. They played everyone tough from week one, and beat both CovCAth and Highlands at some point.

 

Right now, AAAA in NKY just isn't very good.

  • Author
:thumb:

 

Excellent post. Once district play starts, Dixie and Boone are bound to look better, based on who they are playing. That doesn't necessarily mean they've become "good", just better than the teams on their schedule.

 

Boone has played CovCath in week one for a long time, and until recently more than held their own, won some, lost a couple more, but always pretty close game. CovCath was winning AAA titles during many of those years, they haven't done that lately, but now seem to cruise past Boone.

 

In the early part of the decade, Dixie didn't need a "warm-up" period. They played everyone tough from week one, and beat both CovCAth and Highlands at some point.

 

Right now, AAAA in NKY just isn't very good.

 

I wouldn't go as far as to say that NKY 4A isn't very good. I would say that there is a lot of parity and there are some good teams but no outstanding teams. Give credit to Dixie/Conner/Boone/ Ryle etc for playing some tough opposition in non-district games. Better to get beat or have to play well to win than rolling over some over-matched team and then finding out later you are not as good as you thought.

:thumb:

 

Excellent post. Once district play starts, Dixie and Boone are bound to look better, based on who they are playing. That doesn't necessarily mean they've become "good", just better than the teams on their schedule.

 

Boone has played CovCath in week one for a long time, and until recently more than held their own, won some, lost a couple more, but always pretty close game. CovCath was winning AAA titles during many of those years, they haven't done that lately, but now seem to cruise past Boone.

 

In the early part of the decade, Dixie didn't need a "warm-up" period. They played everyone tough from week one, and beat both CovCAth and Highlands at some point.

 

Right now, AAAA in NKY just isn't very good.

Really? And I supose Trinity is a so so program? Loosing week 1 and then beating them the second round of the playoffs illustrates my point. Some years we get it together a little sooner, but we are never where we should be in week one. Hiding and saying that we are just not good in 4A gets old with me. Some years we are. And in those years we can handle just about anybody at years end, including da birids.

O.K. we get it ,your a big boy so act like one! Start a new thread so we Dixie fans can read about the game.
I believe there has been one warning posted in this thread.

 

There will be no more! :irked:

Congrats to Dixie! They continue to move in the right direction and improve every week. They pounded us tonight, in a beautiful new stadium by the way, in every aspect of the game. They really did not need to throw at all, but when they did, whether by design or accident, they stayed away from our strength for the most part. We were on their side of the field maybe twice. They continually were given a short field to work with. It was the first game this year our defense did not create a trunover.

 

Time to play spoilers Cougars. Seniors you need to keep your heads up and go out with a bang. Sophomores and juniors, you need to keep making yourself and those around you better. Anybody can do their best when it's good, do your best through this, and you will develope the skill and mindset of always doing your best. Shane Taylor, what a great example you are setting. You never quit no matter what the odds. Keep it up young man!

I am proud of all the Cougars. No sign of quit. Keep it up!

 

Go Cougars!!

Vintage - you made a very great post for the Cougars. Good luck this football season!

Congrats to Dixie! They continue to move in the right direction and improve every week. They pounded us tonight, in a beautiful new stadium by the way, in every aspect of the game. They really did not need to throw at all, but when they did, whether by design or accident, they stayed away from our strength for the most part. We were on their side of the field maybe twice. They continually were given a short field to work with. It was the first game this year our defense did not create a trunover.

 

Time to play spoilers Cougars. Seniors you need to keep your heads up and go out with a bang. Sophomores and juniors, you need to keep making yourself and those around you better. Anybody can do their best when it's good, do your best through this, and you will develope the skill and mindset of always doing your best. Shane Taylor, what a great example you are setting. You never quit no matter what the odds. Keep it up young man!

I am proud of all the Cougars. No sign of quit. Keep it up!

 

Go Cougars!!

Great post! You know I have to agree with you. It ain't always about winning and loosing. Most of the time it's about how you win or loose. The Cougars have my respect for how they approached the game right up till the final buzzer. Afterwards they shook hands like men and congratulated us. Not so easy to do on a night like that, but they did it all the same. I enjoyed watching them. Keep playing this game with that same intensity and attitude no matter what the score and you will have much more than a plus in the win column. You will have self respect for doing all that you could do to the best of your ability till the final whistle blows. That's something that you can carry with you no matter where you go in life and means a whole lot more.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.