Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 44 Conner 0

Featured Replies

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a final?????

ouch indeed...

I wasn't expecting that big of a win.

Is this a final?????

 

 

Yep. It was 37-0 when the starters came out. JV scored a TD in the 4th.

 

 

It was a fairly good game for Dixie. Defensively, they played great, but all they had to do was stop the run, which they did. Offensively, they're still a work in progress with their passing game. The running game was solid again as Moloney is running very well right now. They stalled inside the 10 in the 1st quarter and had to settle for a field goal. Then, they turned the ball over on downs at the 1 in the 2nd quarter. So, the score could've been much worse than it was. Conner played tough the whole night. I didn't see anyone quit on their team. #30 is a load in the backfield. He had a good game.

 

Good game colonels. Enjoy the victory tonight, but start thinking about those Rebels. I'd love to see you boys ruin their Homecoming next week. :thumb:

Wow...Conner might be looking at 8th place this year.

Yep. It was 37-0 when the starters came out. JV scored a TD in the 4th.

 

 

It was a fairly good game for Dixie. Defensively, they played great, but all they had to do was stop the run, which they did. Offensively, they're still a work in progress with their passing game. The running game was solid again as Moloney is running very well right now. They stalled inside the 10 in the 1st quarter and had to settle for a field goal. Then, they turned the ball over on downs at the 1 in the 2nd quarter. So, the score could've been much worse than it was. Conner played tough the whole night. I didn't see anyone quit on their team. #30 is a load in the backfield. He had a good game.

 

Good game colonels. Enjoy the victory tonight, but start thinking about those Rebels. I'd love to see you boys ruin their Homecoming next week. :thumb:

That's Shane Taylor, he was a good player last season as well. I liked the effort on both sides. The passing game was a little better. The defense was outstanding. A typical Dixie D. Pat yourselves on the back and get back to work fellas. BC just upset the Raiders so it ain't going to be an easy task to beat them at home on homecoming night. Marty did great, but needs to stop hesitating on his cuts when outside and in open field. It gives the defenders time to adjust. Many a run was cut short by the hesitation. Joey is throwing high and behind at times, but overall this was one of his better outings. His recievers dropped quite a few balls that should have been caught. There was a drive where a Dixie reciever was wide open and would have walked into the endzone and the pass was twenty yards over his head. That was probably the worst I saw. All in all I'd give the O a c+ and an A for effort. Day did a good job and number 35 will be a good addition next season. He's a load. All in all, we're defensively where I would expect, but still a little bit behind the curve on O. Plenty of time to pull it together Colonels. Start work again tommorrow morning. I enjoyed this game despite the miscues. It seemed the intensity was where it should be for Colonel football and that is what carried the day. That and Marty of course. ;)

 

Great effort boys, keep working your deffinetly getting there.

Congratulations Dixie nice game.

Two very tough losses in a row for Conner. I hope they can keep their heads up and keep working and playing for each other. I saw some behind the scenes bickering tonight. Not a good sign. Keep working guys and get over the hump. We are still behind you!

Dixie your new complex is very nice. You should be very proud of it. Not many fans on your side tonight. I thought there would be much more for Homecoming.Good luck the rest of the way.

Wow...Conner might be looking at 8th place this year.

 

They still get to play Scott.... No offence but seriously.

They still get to play Scott.... No offence but seriously.

 

Is it a given they can beat Scott?

Nope, but it looks like their best chance at a W.

I saw some behind the scenes bickering tonight. Not a good sign.

 

 

Ha, ha!

Why am I NOT surprised that you would bring that up . . . . . . .

 

One Dixie person talks about how Conner played tough and never gave up.

 

And the "Conner Fan" talks about behind the scenes bickering . . . . . .

Well . . . who was bickering?

*The coaches (who I would hope are because they are mad because they are not winning.

*The players (who should be just as frustrated)

*The parents in the stands (that is their right--but it would probably serve them better to actually SUPPORT their kids and their kids' team mates.

 

So, lay it out for us . . . . . .

Ha, ha!

Why am I NOT surprised that you would bring that up . . . . . . .

 

One Dixie person talks about how Conner played tough and never gave up.

 

And the "Conner Fan" talks about behind the scenes bickering . . . . . .

Well . . . who was bickering?

*The coaches (who I would hope are because they are mad because they are not winning.

*The players (who should be just as frustrated)

*The parents in the stands (that is their right--but it would probably serve them better to actually SUPPORT their kids and their kids' team mates.

 

So, lay it out for us . . . . . .

I didn't see that, but the new venue distances each of us from the other team. I did hear alot of cheering thruout the first half and then the appropriate burst of support when Conner did well in the second half. I did not seem a team in disarray. On the contrary I saw a team that kept digging. We just rolled on the ground from start to finish. Defensively I have watched our boys for a number of years and that was a Dixie defense. It just so happens they played up to their ability tonight. No knock on the cougars. there a fine team and I can't imagine a Scott win as some have suggested. I think Conner will score 3times alone by the hands of number 30 Shane Taylor. The fullback needs to sit though if he ain't gonna do better than he did tonight. I didn't see him make very many blocks for his RB. But then again, the line seemed to take turns letting down for him too. The QB was decent, but didn't get alot of time either.

I didn't see that, but the new venue distances each of us from the other team. I did hear alot of cheering thruout the first half and then the appropriate burst of support when Conner did well in the second half. I did not seem a team in disarray. On the contrary I saw a team that kept digging. We just rolled on the ground from start to finish. Defensively I have watched our boys for a number of years and that was a Dixie defense. It just so happens they played up to their ability tonight. No knock on the cougars. there a fine team and I can't imagine a Scott win.

 

Classy post as always Sandman . . . . . . .

 

I find it very interesting when a fan from a rival school gives an assessment of the situation like you did. The interesting part is that you are doing that through none biased eyes.

 

I also find it to be very cool that the Dixie fans have been very honest and complimentary of their own team--plus their opponents. If they lose--you guys pick them up (pretty much everyone of you)--while looking and speaking about the positives. A lot of fans could learn from that approach.

 

There are a LOT of great fans at Conner. But there are also a few who are more interested in their own agenda as opposed to supporting the program.

 

The interesting part is-I am 100% sure that, if they actually found the nerve to talk to Coach Tom (and ask the questions that they want to ask), that they would GET THE ANSWERS. The issue here is--they don't want to hear the answers. They just want to get on to a message board and complain.

 

I can't wait to hear all about this "bickering".

 

Good luck to the Colonels. I get the feeling that I it was a good thing that we saw them in the first game.

I saw some behind the scenes bickering tonight. Not a good sign.

 

Dixie was doing the same thing earlier in the year against Highlands and Beechwood. There was a LOT of bickering going on between players on the sidelines, but as you saw tonight, all of that is done with. It something called a lack of leadership, and that's what Dixie's problem was. I called them out on here after the Beechwood game, and it appears they read what I said, and took it to heart. :D (Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know Spritzky is the one that turned it around, but a guy can think this, can't he? :D ) These past three games show how this team has turned it around. Instead of yelling at one another, they're high fiving, chest bumping, helping their fellow player off the turf, etc. I know winning can be a cure all thing, but these guys are just playing different than before. Their attitude completely changed after the bye week. The season isn't over for Conner. They can play the spoiler for the year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.