Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 44 Conner 0

Featured Replies

Congrats, Dixie on the win. Thanks Nees and SM32 for your Dixie info. Sounds like they are getting it together and are definitely moving in the right direction. I'm looking forward to watching continued improvement each week.

 

I've seen some things on here about possible issues inside Conner's program...don't know the validity and don't care. Keep your heads up boys, and ignore it. Keep working hard Cougars and keep giving it everything you've got.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classy post as always Sandman . . . . . . .

 

I find it very interesting when a fan from a rival school gives an assessment of the situation like you did. The interesting part is that you are doing that through none biased eyes.

 

I also find it to be very cool that the Dixie fans have been very honest and complimentary of their own team--plus their opponents. If they lose--you guys pick them up (pretty much everyone of you)--while looking and speaking about the positives. A lot of fans could learn from that approach.

 

There are a LOT of great fans at Conner. But there are also a few who are more interested in their own agenda as opposed to supporting the program.

 

The interesting part is-I am 100% sure that, if they actually found the nerve to talk to Coach Tom (and ask the questions that they want to ask), that they would GET THE ANSWERS. The issue here is--they don't want to hear the answers. They just want to get on to a message board and complain.

 

I can't wait to hear all about this "bickering".

 

Good luck to the Colonels. I get the feeling that I it was a good thing that we saw them in the first game.

The worst part is that, every year it's the same junk ( for lack of a better word that would get me suspended). We start out slow and either get thwacked or just don't perform. Then at the end of the regular season we start playing the way we as fans know we could all along. Then we have to listen to how 4A isn't really that good.:irked: Well lucky for us I heard that we might have some fresh meat in our new district next year. It's been said that the Birds are petitioning to play in 5A. If that happens than I would bet the Blue Colonels will too. Should make for some interesting talk on BGP during the post season if that happens. :D

  • Author
The worst part is that, every year it's the same junk ( for lack of a better word that would get me suspended). We start out slow and either get thwacked or just don't perform. Then at the end of the regular season we start playing the way we as fans know we could all along. Then we have to listen to how 4A isn't really that good.:irked: Well luck for us I heard that we might have some fresh meat in our new district next year. It's been said that the Birds are petitioning to play in 5A. If that happens than I would bet the Blue Colonels will too. Should make for some interesting talk on BGP during the post season if that happens. :D

 

Dixie and CovCath and Highlands will be in 5A next year.

 

But no matter how much Dixie has improved this year if they played either Highlands or CovCath next week they would get beat soundly again. Careful what you wish for.;)

Dixie and CovCath and Highlands will be in 5A next year.

 

But no matter how much Dixie has improved this year if they played either Highlands or CovCath next week they would get beat soundly again. Careful what you wish for.;)

Seriously???? Maybe this year, but there have been quite a few years that I think it may have been different. Either way, it'll be better than without them. And it is what I wish for no matter what the result. I'm not afraid to play Trinity and X every year if we make it that far, why would I be afraid of CCH and HHS? I live for it, I don't avoid it.:D

  • Author
Seriously???? Maybe this year, but there have been quite a few years that I think it may have been different. Either way, it'll be better than without them. And it is what I wish for no matter what the result. I'm not afraid to play Trinity and X every year if we make it that far, why would I be afraid of CCH and HHS? I live for it, I don't avoid it.:D

 

I didn't say you should be afraid of CovCath and Highlands. But don't think just because Dixie loses to them soundly at the start of the season that those teams don't continue to get better also.

I didn't say you should be afraid of CovCath and Highlands. But don't think just because Dixie loses to them soundly at the start of the season that those teams don't continue to get better also.

 

 

There's no doubt that all teams get better as the year progresses. However, Dixie is practically polar opposites from game 1 to game 10. I'm still not saying they'd beat either Highlands or CCH right now, but the score wouldn't be nearly as bad.

I didn't say you should be afraid of CovCath and Highlands. But don't think just because Dixie loses to them soundly at the start of the season that those teams don't continue to get better also.

I know they do, but we have so much more of an upside than week one it ain't funny. I think the Birds will quite possibly win state this year, that is unless CCH knocks them off first. They are both good teams. I would not want to face either right now. But if we keep progressing, at playoff time, we would be a good match.

Classy post as always Sandman . . . . . . .

 

I find it very interesting when a fan from a rival school gives an assessment of the situation like you did. The interesting part is that you are doing that through none biased eyes.

 

I also find it to be very cool that the Dixie fans have been very honest and complimentary of their own team--plus their opponents. If they lose--you guys pick them up (pretty much everyone of you)--while looking and speaking about the positives. A lot of fans could learn from that approach.

 

There are a LOT of great fans at Conner. But there are also a few who are more interested in their own agenda as opposed to supporting the program.

 

The interesting part is-I am 100% sure that, if they actually found the nerve to talk to Coach Tom (and ask the questions that they want to ask), that they would GET THE ANSWERS. The issue here is--they don't want to hear the answers. They just want to get on to a message board and complain.

 

I can't wait to hear all about this "bickering".

 

Good luck to the Colonels. I get the feeling that I it was a good thing that we saw them in the first game.

 

Hey QuickSlick,

 

You sound like a broken record little buddy.

I have no agenda. I didn't say anything bad tonight about the coaches.

I don't need to know any answers from the coach. Why do you keep saying that? If he has all the answers like you say, then why isn't he fixing the problems? I have plenty of nerve and I have eyes and I have ears. Let me ask YOU a question though little buddy....Does EVERYONE have to agree with you and your rosy view of your world to escape your wrath? Or were you just born to jump on somebod's post that doesn't agree with your assement of football as you live in it? My...My....you seem like such an angry, bitter person.

I have JUST as much right typing what I see and hear..... as you do sticking your head in the sand.

  • Author
There's no doubt that all teams get better as the year progresses. However, Dixie is practically polar opposites from game 1 to game 10. I'm still not saying they'd beat either Highlands or CCH right now, but the score wouldn't be nearly as bad.

 

Maybe, but look at this this way.

 

I think if Dixie would have played Conner in game 1, I think Dixie would still have won soundly. Say by only 28-0. And if they played Highlands next week and lose soundly say 28-0 you might not be thinking they were progressing.

 

What I'm saying is the competition has a lot to do with the perception.

 

Remember all those years Lloyd would get waxed by 40 by Beechwood and NCC and Dixie early on and then get into their 2A district and start winning games by 35?

Maybe, but look at this this way.

 

I think if Dixie would have played Conner in game 1, I think Dixie would still have won soundly. Say by only 28-0. And if they played Highlands next week and lose soundly say 28-0 you might not be thinking they were progressing.

 

What I'm saying is the competition has a lot to do with the perception.

 

Remember all those years Lloyd would get waxed by 40 by Beechwood and NCC and Dixie early on and then get into their 2A district and start winning games by 35?

Actually, as much I would like to find reason in your argument, it is incorrect. We are not like HHS or CCH. We do not work as hard as you prior to the season. I wish we did, but we don't. We don't start playing quality football untill about...oh... now. and then we get better. History has shown that this is pretty much our week 1, your week 7. Your program is so far ahead of ours at the beggining it's almost a joke. I hate it. But I won't lie about it. It drives me crazy. But I won't hide it. We are so much more talented than we showed in the but whipping you gave us this year. We did not even resemble the team we are becoming. By seasons end I hope that we live up to our potential. Right now, we aren't close enough to even dream of talking smack. But our kids work hard every day after the fun begins and will continue too. Why they don't get better prepared prior to the first game is a mystery that someone else will have to solve.

Maybe, but look at this this way.

 

I think if Dixie would have played Conner in game 1, I think Dixie would still have won soundly. Say by only 28-0. And if they played Highlands next week and lose soundly say 28-0 you might not be thinking they were progressing.

 

What I'm saying is the competition has a lot to do with the perception.

 

Remember all those years Lloyd would get waxed by 40 by Beechwood and NCC and Dixie early on and then get into their 2A district and start winning games by 35?

 

I don't necessarily look at the score though. If you would've seen that Dixie team against Highlands and Beechwood, and then look at them now, you can tell that they are executing better on the field, and their attitude is better. And the execution part has nothing to do with the competition. The line is now sustaining blocks, the running backs are running harder, the passing game is getting better as open receivers are being hit more now than then, and the defense has been revamped. Granted, the level of competition can alter your execution, but not in these areas.

I don't necessarily look at the score though. If you would've seen that Dixie team against Highlands and Beechwood, and then look at them now, you can tell that they are executing better on the field, and their attitude is better. And the execution part has nothing to do with the competition. The line is now sustaining blocks, the running backs are running harder, the passing game is getting better as open receivers are being hit more now than then, and the defense has been revamped. Granted, the level of competition can alter your execution, but not in these areas.

I agree with that. Execution is a big key. The intensity is not even comparable either. Keep it up boys.

 

BTW- Tyler Day is making some nice blocks. I liked seeing him take advantage of his opportunity near the goal line and make that TD too.

Hey QuickSlick,

 

You sound like a broken record little buddy.

I have no agenda. I didn't say anything bad tonight about the coaches.

I don't need to know any answers from the coach. Why do you keep saying that? If he has all the answers like you say, then why isn't he fixing the problems? I have plenty of nerve and I have eyes and I have ears. Let me ask YOU a question though little buddy....Does EVERYONE have to agree with you and your rosy view of your world to escape your wrath? Or were you just born to jump on somebod's post that doesn't agree with your assement of football as you live in it? My...My....you seem like such an angry, bitter person.

I have JUST as much right typing what I see and hear..... as you do sticking your head in the sand.

 

You may want to figure out who you are posting to before you call me "little buddy"

 

As far as nerve goes . . . . . we will leave that one alone for now. But we can pick that one up at another time.

 

Like I said--where was the "bickering" at. That was all I asked--then I gave some simple scenarios as to why each group would be "bickering".

 

You have to understand--you make it SO EASY. Non biased observers talk about how Conner played hard and never gave up. You, on the other hand, are the one who brought up the "bickering".

 

From where I am sitting, it looks like you have an axe to grind. And when someone actually calls you out on it--you bring up things that were never even said.

 

The way I see it--a person can be either part of the problem--or part of the solution. So far, all you have done is bring up problems--when others are trying to be optimistic about the current play--and the future.

 

Angry and bitter? That is the typical response of someone who has been called out on this board--who has no clue what they are talking about. Is that all you have? Seriously?

 

With FANS like you--who needs enemies . . . . . . . . . . and I am sure that the team wouldn't lose sleep if you decided to take your "bickering" comments somewhere else. Maybe you should think about it.

 

In closing . . .does everyone need to agree with me? Ha, ha . . . the world would probably be a lot better if it did. It has nothing to do with anyone agreeing with me. I could care less. But what I don't like is how you are more interested in pointing out the bad then stepping up to the plate and learning a little more about what is going on. Your "bickering" comments are a joke--and at this point--they are completely unfounded.

 

Bring the evidence . . . . . or come up with something that may have actually happened. If you want to keep calling me "little buddy" -- send me a PM and do it in style. If you want to talk football (you know--about the game)--BRING IT--DON'T SING IT. (I am not holding my breath on that one).

  • Author
I don't necessarily look at the score though. If you would've seen that Dixie team against Highlands and Beechwood, and then look at them now, you can tell that they are executing better on the field, and their attitude is better. And the execution part has nothing to do with the competition. The line is now sustaining blocks, the running backs are running harder, the passing game is getting better as open receivers are being hit more now than then, and the defense has been revamped. Granted, the level of competition can alter your execution, but not in these areas.

 

We have to agree to disagree about the execution having nothing to do with the competition.

 

You maybe correct in that Dixie (and Boone Co.) aren't prepared and don't play well at the start of the season and get better as the season goes on.

 

But I would still contend that this Dixie team would lose to CovCath and Highlands next week soundly. (And if they had Scott again next week they would win soundly).

 

And Dixie didn't seem to have problems early in the year in 02 or 03 or 04. They had some wins over CovCath and Highlands early in the season in those years and played solid throughtout the season.

How did this turn into a rip on Scott thread??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.