Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scroggins joins DeSales staff

Featured Replies

From the Article:

 

Five months after stepping down as the head football coach at Central High School, Ty Scroggins has accepted a position at another Louisville school.

 

DeSales football coach Harold Davis confirmed Tuesday that Scroggins has joined the Colts’ coaching staff as an assistant. Scroggins will be focused on coaching linebackers, but Davis said his role will be more significant than that.

 

Scroggins said he stepped down at Central in order to spend more time with his twin kids – son Jayden and daughter Jordan. Jayden will be a freshman at DeSales this fall and plays football and baseball. Jordan will be a freshman at Holy Cross.

 

===============

 

That really doesn't add up to me, am I missing something?

It sounds like he wanted to coach his son but preferred he attend a Catholic school instead of a public school.

That's one heck of an assistant coach to add

It sounds like he wanted to coach his son but preferred he attend a Catholic school instead of a public school.

 

I get that but how does this help Coach Scroggins spend more time with his daughter?

I get that but how does this help Coach Scroggins spend more time with his daughter?

 

First thought is assistant coach has fewer requirements and thus has more free time.

 

Second thought is you are taking the standard boilerplate reason given for resigning extremely literally.

First thought is assistant coach has fewer requirements and thus has more free time.

 

Second thought is you are taking the standard boilerplate reason given for resigning extremely literally.

 

He+has+a+point+you+know+_8798a366f202a6b23394b4ee254d710b.jpg

First thought is assistant coach has fewer requirements and thus has more free time.

 

Second thought is you are taking the standard boilerplate reason given for resigning extremely literally.

 

I don't know. Looking back it sounds a little disingenuous to me.

 

I think it looks pretty obvious at this point that Coach Scroggins and/or his children didn't want anything to do with attending Central.

In the past 9 months or so, 5 or so JCPS coaches have stepped down, one stepping down for an assistant job. Is this indicative of JCPS not providing a good environment for coaches?

 

As far as the resigning to spend more time with family, I generally take that to mean, "I am quitting and the reasons are personal so please respect my privacy." Kinda like when an announcement comes out at companies that John Doe is leaving the company to persue other opportunities.

In the past 9 months or so, 5 or so JCPS coaches have stepped down, one stepping down for an assistant job. Is this indicative of JCPS not providing a good environment for coaches?

 

As far as the resigning to spend more time with family, I generally take that to mean, "I am quitting and the reasons are personal so please respect my privacy." Kinda like when an announcement comes out at companies that John Doe is leaving the company to persue other opportunities.

 

I don't want to dwell on it but I think something like my wife and I gave our children the choice to attend any Louisville area school they wanted to attend and my son chose DeSales and my daughter chose Holy Cross. With each of them at different schools my wife and I don't believe it is in our families best interests for me to be employed by a third school. Therefore I am stepping down at Central.

 

==================

 

Moving forward, if you are DeSales you have to be ecstatic about the addition of Coach Scroggins.

I don't know. Looking back it sounds a little disingenuous to me.

 

I think it looks pretty obvious at this point that Coach Scroggins and/or his children didn't want anything to do with attending Central.

 

With the magnet system in place for JCPS, is there any guaranteeing that Coach Scroggins' kids would be able to attend Central? Is there any kind of preferential treatment offered to children of JCPS staffers when it comes to accepting students into different magnets.

 

Side question...is coach Scroggins still employed within JCPS? Or at DeSales? Neither one?

With the magnet system in place for JCPS, is there any guaranteeing that Coach Scroggins' kids would be able to attend Central? Is there any kind of preferential treatment offered to children of JCPS staffers when it comes to accepting students into different magnets.

 

Side question...is coach Scroggins still employed within JCPS? Or at DeSales? Neither one?

 

Those are good questions. I don't know how any Kentucky School System could deny allowing students to attend the high school that their parent/s work at.

I had a conversation with an outstanding assistant coach on our staff this morning. He loves football and does a great job. He would make a very strong head coach and has paid his dues. He prefers being an assistant because it allows him more freedom and family time.

 

Even though his daughter is at another school, I agree that Coach Scroggins will have substantially more time for his family with this set up.

 

I heard him speak at the FCA clinic and he went through his weekly schedule. He was a buzzsaw as the head coach. He will definitely have more time.

DeSales baseball and Holy Cross volleyball are leaps and bounds better than Central. TS is a solid dude. Good Luck to Ty and his family

DeSales coach reached out to him after learning that his son (Jayden) was going to attend DeSales. I'm sure any HC would have done the same. Coach Scroggins will have a lot more free time to spend with all 3 of his kids. I've heard the 7th graded is better than the twins. Holy Cross which is not far from DeSales is where his daughter (Jordan) is going to school. Coach has already been seen at events for Holy Cross and DeSales has both kids have started participating in summer workouts.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.