Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State coach search

Featured Replies

Here's a question. Let's say Billy D is interested (which IMO he isn't), would he ask Russ if he intends to leave after this next year and then take the opportunity to jump ship to OSU? If Billy D jumps ship to OSU, both coaches that beat OSU in national championships at Florida would then go on to coach at OSU. That's a good story.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol people going nuts over Mack putting his house for sale. It's Billy D to Lexington all over again.

What does X pay Mack and what will OSU pay Mack? That probably will be the deciding factor.

 

According to a couple of sources...

 

Mack earned $1.42 million in 2017. Didn't place in the top 30 as per USAToday.

 

Matta earned $3.37 million in 2015. 7th highest on the list per elevenwarriors.com

Xavier is a private school and has never shared their coach's compensation.

 

Mack made significantly more than $1.42 in 2017.

Chris Mack‏Verified account @coachchrisMack 48m48 minutes ago

 

My timing for this house sale, well . But we are moving to NKY. Love Xavier! Now, about that house we have to sell... any takers?

Here's an interesting article on why Mack likes Xavier.

 

They do mention salary within the article. The article says that although X doesn't publish the salary amount a contract extension raised it above the $1.2 million that was reported prior to the NCAA tournament in 2016.

 

Even if they doubled his salary, which is doubtful, he would make far less than OSU would pay him. He probably made what I reported in my previous post--$1.42 million.

 

I say if OSU offers, Mack will accept. More money will be the primary reason.

HHe probably made what I reported in my previous post--$1.42 million.

 

I say if OSU offers, Mack will accept. More money will be the primary reason.

Chris made more than $1.42 last year..significantly. He is not going to Ohio State and has told them that already. They would have paid him in the $3.5 range to start...far more than he is making.

I generally believe Mack really enjoys his job, Xavier University, his life in Gr. Cincinnati, and is one of those guys who subscribes to the theory of "what can you buy for $3.5 million that you can't buy for $2 million?"

 

Contentment, and being comfortable with who you are, doesn't contain a price tag. I admire that.

"what can you buy for $3.5 million that you can't buy for $2 million?

 

Lots of things. Multiply that by 10 years and it's an extra 15 million dollars. That's pretty significant.

Without the Ohio based site that is not allowed to be posted on here.

 

Here is a post I made back in Jan about this subject.

 

In no order.

 

Randy Bennett-Saint Mary’s(West Coast Conference)

David Richman- North Dakota State(Summit League )

Greg Heiar-Assistant Coach Wichita State(Missouri Valley Conference)

Leon Rice-Boise State(Mountain West)

Pat Kelsey-Winthrop(Big South)

 

I went with coaches most fans are not familiar with.

My biggest reason is because I do not see Ohio State being able to get a prime time coach in, with the present shape of the basketball program.

 

I would not mind seeing Chris Jent get the job either.

Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lots of things. Multiply that by 10 years and it's an extra 15 million dollars. That's pretty significant.

 

The point is, if you are happy and content in life, you already have everything you need. That is what's significant.

I go with whatever MTGL says. Now if you put both positions on the open market at the same time. I don't think there is any doubt OSU would get the most takers and more "elite" candidates. It is just a more high profile program. Maybe not better, especially right now, but definitely a higher profile and more kids to look at them.

 

Over time, I would roll the dice with OSU.

Without the Ohio based site that is not allowed to be posted on here.

 

Here is a post I made back in Jan about this subject.

 

In no order.

 

Randy Bennett-Saint Mary’s(West Coast Conference)

David Richman- North Dakota State(Summit League )

Greg Heiar-Assistant Coach Wichita State(Missouri Valley Conference)

Leon Rice-Boise State(Mountain West)

Pat Kelsey-Winthrop(Big South)

 

I went with coaches most fans are not familiar with.

My biggest reason is because I do not see Ohio State being able to get a prime time coach in, with the present shape of the basketball program.

 

I would not mind seeing Chris Jent get the job either.

Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

 

None of the above will get a phone call.

I'm hearing Shaka was their #1 target as MTGL said, but word I'm hearing is he declined...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.